Why you should add Kenya to your Indie/RTW trip[All content and prices updated July 2013]
Slightly smaller than the state of Texas, Kenya is a nation that is known for its animals. The country has a considerable land area set aside for wildlife including lions, leopards, buffalo, rhinos and elephants. Oh my.
- The Masai Mara park reserve in southwestern Kenya is renowned for its wildlife. It is where the Great Migration of wildebeest happens every September and October. It is essentially an extension of the Serengeti in neighboring Tanzania.
- Nairobi National Park is a unique park that is only seven kilometers from city center.
- Take the famed overnight train from Nairobi to Mombasa, on the coast.
- Tanzania is also home to another of Kenya's chief attractions: Mt. Kilimanjaro. Many people choose to fly into Kenya to begin their trip up Africa's tallest peak.
- While the geography and the animals are what attract people to Kenya, it is the culture and kindness of its people that draws them back.
- The country is relatively well off compared to many in Africa and its tourist infrastructure is well developed. Even with that being the case you will likely have more than one adventure while you are there. It is not always the easiest place to travel, but it is also not the hardest.
Check out flights to Kenya to get your trip started.