Author: Iván Gallegos

General Info – Peru

Peru – General Info

Location
Peru is located on the central west coast of South America. This privileged location gives our country and amazing diversity of landscapes and environments.

The country is divided into 3 large regions: the coast (bathed by the Pacific Ocean), the Andes (with fertile valleys between snow covered peaks), and the rainforest (where the human is only a visitant).

Population & Language
Peru has a population of some 24 million inhabitants, primarily “mestizos” (mixed race). The official language is Spanish, and in the Andes regions the people speak “Quechua” (the native language) too. In the Peruvian Amazon (jungle) are another 55 languages.

Currency
Our currency is the “Nuevo Sol” (new sun) and the change rate is US$ 1.00 = S/ 3.50 nuevos soles. Like a reference, you can buy a beer (350 ml. bottle) for US$1.40. Click here for a currency converter.

Entry Requirements
You don’t need to get a Visa in your country, you can enter Peru and in the airport the Immigration Office gives you immediately the TOURIST VISA for 3 months.

Only the people from African, Asian (not Japan) and some Central and South American countries need to get a Visa in a Peruvian Embassy in their countries.

Vaccination
You don’t need vaccinations to enter to Peru. However, to go to the jungle you have to get the Yellow Fever and Malaria vaccinations (you can get it in the airport). In the rest of the country only be careful with the water you drink (don’t drink non boiled water) and don’t eat mayonnaise.

Airlines Companies
From USA
American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Continental Airlines, and United Airlines.

From EUROPE
KLM, IBERIA, LUFTHANSA, British Airways, Alitalia, and AEROFLOT.

From Central and South America
LAN CHILE, AVIANCA, SERVIVENSA, LACSA, TACA, COPA, ACES, AEROPOSTAL, AEROMEXICO, AEROCONTINENTE, Aerolíneas Argentinas, LAB, VARIG, SAETA, and Cubana de Aviación.

From Asia and Oceania
QANTAS, JAL, and Singapore Airlines.

Links
For more information you can visit this web site:

Indiana-Expedition.com