Author: Henry Becker and Tracy Martin

PlanetRovers – The Plan


The Plan
How does one go about planning a trip around the world? There are so many things to consider that it can seem overwhelming – that’s probably one of the reasons that most people wouldn’t even attempt it. Just like anything else, all you need is the desire to do it.

Where did we start? One of the first websites that we found was the Round the World Travel Guide. Written and compiled by Marc Brosius, this site provides a wealth of information on every aspect of planning and preparing for such a journey. We downloaded it, printed it, and read it cover-to-cover. Marc includes insight from his own travels as well as input, comments, and suggestions that he has received from other travelers who have made similar journeys.

The links below, while somewhat similar to the RTW guide, are not nearly as comprehensive. We have merely tried to assemble our research and experiences so that we can pass along some of the knowledge that we have gained in the process of planning our trip.

If you do find it useful, or if you have any questions on things that we didn’t cover (this is, after all, a brief summary), send us an email. We’d love to hear from you!