Author: Christopher Burdett

Chris’s Virtual Vacations

Christopher Burdett
I am a writer and web developer living in Lawrenceville, GA. I hold a B.A. in English from Georgia State University, am pursuing an M.A. in writing at Kennesaw State University, and am the author of fifteen published short stories, several Internet-published travelogues, and two unpublished novels.

There are few things in life I love more than the excitement of being in my car, driving to someplace I have never been before, or driving back to someplace I have visited but very much want to see again. Perhaps someday I will feel the need to for international excursions to London, Dublin, Cairo, or Florence; I may someday want to stand beneath the Sphinx or gape up at Mt. Everest or gaze reverently at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel; I might one day hear the call of New York City or San Francisco or Washington, D.C. But for now, I am perfectly happy finding new wonders, and revisiting old ones, in my own backyard, that wonderful part of the United States called the South.

There are three main types of trips I truly love:

  • Roadside attractions tours
    My favorite! I was in Heaven when I went to Gatlinburg, TN in mid-2000; I’ve been to Rock City Gardens no less than five times in the last two years.

  • Back-to-nature vacations
    I love walking the trails in various state and national parks, marveling at the mountains, gorges, and waterfalls.

  • Trips to sites of historical significance
    Savannah, GA, is the only trip of this type I can claim thus far, but I’m looking forward to seeing Charleston, SC, and Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia sometime in the near future.

    You can learn more about me by visiting www.planetburdett.com.