Author: Mike Jones

Soul Surfer in Europe #9: The Adventure Continues

June 7th
This is an extension of my European travelogue. The adventure goes on!!!!!

I am in New York now and then I’m off to Wyoming with a pit stop in Indiana to see my new born daughter.

OK, to catch everyone up….
1. I quit my job at pdq.net
2. Left my home in Houston
3. Joined the insanity of Greyhound traveling!

I left Houston last Friday night, bound for New York. On the way the wonderful people of Greyhound lost my damn luggage, which was everything I own just about. So I get to New York to stay with a friend and I had no clothes until today when Fredonia police called and said the bus dropped off my luggage.

I can’t believe that I traveled all the way to Amsterdam and never experienced such terrible service as I have with the houndog buslines of the USA.

I am going to be here in New York until I can scrounge up $100 to make it to Indiana to see my aging grandmother and my daughter.

After that I am to be in Wyoming by June 22nd to start my job with Yellowstone National Park. After the summer at Yellowstone I plan on taking the cash and heading back to Europe – probably start at Bob’s youth hostel in Amsterdam and, same as last time, where I go…who knows!

Well, one thing for sure about the risk taking and the traveling life is its really adventurous and it’s also very risky. For every good event on the road there is a failure to but you have to learn to keep going and take the good with the bad. I am just glad I have a loving family and good friends who are always there.

My highlight of this trip is going to see my daughter. I have been trying to imagine what it’s going to be like having a little girl with eyes just like mine looking up at me and callin’ me dad…..what a feeling.

Oh well the road is long and I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of wild things to happen as you all know if you’ve been reading my journals from Europe.