Author: Deanna Hyland

6 Amazing Luxury Villas You Can Rent

Maybe you’re rich and famous. Or maybe you just dream of being rich and famous. Or maybe, if you get together with a group of friends or family members you can stay at one of these luxurious villas where someone rich and famous has stayed before you. Famous by association? Take a look.  
[social]

Villa Sylva on Corfu, Greece

Ever wonder about those fantastic villas you see in the movies? Well, this is one of them. You may remember it from “The Executioner” or “For Your Eyes Only.” For $3,962 – $8,150 a night, you too can pretend like you are James Bond. This 9-bedroom estate sits high above the Ionian Sea and offers incredible views from its amazing terraces. The 9 acres surrounding it have everything from beaches to well-tended gardens of bougainvillea, jasmine, and olive and cypress trees.

The main house sleeps 12 people and also has a large reception area and a dining area which connects to an outside dining patio. The guest house sits at a lower level looking out over the pool and can sleep 4 people. A second studio apartment can accommodate 2 more guests. You’ll also have a gym equipped with high quality Cybex equipment and a treadmill, a pool and large pool house. Your staff includes a cook, 2 helpers, 3 cleaning ladies, a property manager and gardener. The only thing you’ll need to do is order a cocktail. May I suggest a martini – shaken, not stirred?

>>look for cheap flights to Corfu and read more about Corfu

Chateau de Villette near Paris, France

Wouldn’t it be nice to live like King Louis XIV for a few days? This splendid 17th century private chateau is located just 35 minutes outside of Paris and 15 minutes from Versailles. You may recognize it from the movie “The DaVinci Code.” On the main floor is a huge octagonal salon decorated in white and blue, a music salon, a library, an elegant dining room, a massive stone staircase, 2 small kitchens, plus the main kitchen, which alone boasts 4 separate rooms.

The chateau has an entirely separate wing just for parties or weddings. There are a total of 10 bedrooms in the main house, all with private bathrooms. In the west wing you’ll find an additional 5 bedrooms and baths. The grounds are an incredible 185 acres, complete with gardens, swimming pool, outdoor dining areas, tennis court, your own chapel, a guest house, horse stables and a greenhouse. The fee for this incredible estate is $11,675 a night. You’ll pay a little extra for the staff of 6 people, but when you’re living like a king, do you really mind?  

>>book airfare to Paris and consider a tour of Paris

Palmasola in Punta Mita, Mexico

When you arrive at this Mexican paradise, you’ll have a private chauffeur to transport you from the airport to your beachfront villa. The villa is located inside a secure, gated community of estates on the northern tip of the Bahia de Banderas. You’ll find 22,000 square feet of luxury awaiting you on a property of incomparable tropical beauty. The main house boasts pristine views of the turquoise bay, white beaches and the 500 palm trees scattered around the property. There are 9 bedrooms available for you in the main house, guest house, and garden apartment.

In the main house you’ll also find a large dining area that comfortably seats 14 guests. But why eat inside? You’re in Mexico and the outside dining is spectacular. You have 2 outside choices – dine next to the large pool or on the rooftop terrace closer to the stars. You’ll enjoy fabulous meals at this all-inclusive retreat. Near the pool, you’ll discover a family room with movies, board games and foosball; a gym with an elliptical trainer, treadmill and weights; a massage room; and a business center for your work related activities. The guests at this villa have access to golf at the Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, tennis, kayaks, windsurfing equipment, snorkeling and many other activities. The resort is $13,000 – $20,000 per night and comes with an extensive staff of a concierge, property manager, 3 waiters, chef, 5 housekeepers and landscape and maintenance people. And, since drinks are also included in the all-inclusive price…Margarita, anyone?

>>look for flights to Mexico

Rio Chico near Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Would you like to stay someplace where diplomats and celebrities have vacationed? Then this is it. This spectacular villa has 8 bedrooms, each with a private bath, and can be yours for $61,555 – $136,000 a week, depending on the season. Twelve people can stay in the main house, while the cottage accommodates 4 more. You’ll have 14 acres all to yourself. Imagine colorful gardens to stroll through, 2 private beaches, tropical waterfalls and breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea.

The main house has a living room, formal dining room, entertainment room and a library equipped with everything you need to conduct business away from home. If you are feeling the need to do more than swim in one of the 2 pools, there’s a sailboat, windsurfer and paddle boat for you to use, plus an on-site tennis court and unlimited golfing at nearby Sandals Golf & Country Club. Of course, you are not going to want to lift a finger while relaxing in this paradise, but no worries, you’ll have a private butler, housekeeper, gardeners, 24-hour security at the gatehouse and a chef to cook you anything your heart desires from simple to lavish seafood to juicy steaks. Are we there yet?

>>book a flight to the Caribbean and read about Jamaica

Villa Diodati near Lucca, Italy

In this ancient land of sensational villas, Villa Diodati stands on its own. With its classic lines of architecture, and over 7 acres of beautiful grounds, gardens, woods and even a small vineyard, it is in a class by itself. The villa can accommodate 22 people in its 11 air-conditioned bedrooms for $26,455 – $38,665 per week. When it’s not being rented the owner is often there and you can tell by how well it is maintained.

Beautiful antique furniture graces the rooms of the three floors of the villa. Downstairs you’ll find an incredible living room with a frescoed ceiling and French windows looking out over the garden. A large dining room with a fireplace is where you’ll enjoy any meal of your choice, accompanied by table service. There is also a billiard room, salon and the kitchen.

Outside relax by the pool or play a game of tennis on your private tennis court. Choose to dine alfresco on the patio, if you prefer. If work accompanies you on your trip, there is a separate out-building equipped with the things you’ll need to conduct your meetings. You’ll probably never want to leave this paradise, but if you do incredible Lucca is nearby and Florence with all its history is only 50 miles away.

>>look for airfare to Italy and read about what to do in Italy

Polpis Waterfront Estate in Nantucket

Nantucket is a Native American word meaning “faraway island.” You’ll feel like you’ve found a faraway paradise when you stay in this incredible, 7,000 square foot house. The estate sits on 10 acres on Polpis Harbor near Cape Cod. The main house has family room, dining room, den, living room, gourmet kitchen and 4 bedrooms, as well as a huge basement with a gym and everything you need to entertain – a home theatre, wine cellar, and billiard, foosball, ping pong and poker tables. On the property you’ll also find a 2,000 square foot guest house with a kitchenette, family room, bedroom and loft bedroom.

There is a boat house, with mooring, and a swim dock at the lake, and a pool with pool house and spa available for your use. This lovely property rents for $42,250 per week from June through October. Highlights around the area include great restaurants, beaches and hiking and biking trails. You’ll have a personal concierge to help you organize any event from a luxurious spa treatment to a Nantucket clambake. You’ll enjoy the shopping, history, many water-related activities and peace of this island.

The options for renting a luxurious private villa anyplace in the world, are endless. These are just a few for you to think about. Take a look at the many that are offered. Dream. Maybe even book one.



Read more about:



Photo credits:Corfu , France , Mexico , Jamaica , Italy , USA