Author: Jessica Spiegel

Best BootsnAll Travel Photos: August 2010

As many people struggle to get used to the idea that yet another summer is in our collective rear-view mirror, September happens to be the ideal time to plan your next adventure – especially with shoulder season travel deals popping up. And I can’t think of a better way to inspire a trip than by seeing a place in a photo – a place you’ve never seen before, or that you’ve never seen in quite that way, and that you simply must see for yourself.

It’s that kind of trip-inspiring temptation that we try to contribute to with BootsnAll’s daily travel photo site, WhyGo. Personally, I love that ache in the pit of my stomach when I see a beautiful travel photo that makes me want to get on a plane or hop in the car, the “I want to go there so badly it hurts” kind of thing. Seeing the gorgeous travel photos you have all been sending in gives me that ache on a regular basis, and for that I thank you.

Here are the best BootsnAll travel photos we featured in August 2010.

>> Want to see your photos featured here in the future? Submit your travel photos to WhyGo!

Footsteps – Deadvlei, Namibia — Photo by Kim Walker

Carpets and Color – Rabat, Morocco — Photo by Kristin Kent

A young girl in church – Kadavu, Fiji — Photo by Stephen Bramucci

Dragon Spine Rice Terraces – China — Photo by Derek Lee

St. Peter’s Cathedral – Vatican City — Photo by Kristin Kent

Have you sent in a photo yet? Don’t tell me you’re not a professional photographer – that’s not an excuse. If you travel and you take photographs while you’re traveling, I want to see your best pictures. Remember, even if it’s a picture of your hometown, that’s a travel photo to anyone who hasn’t been there. Send in your photos, people, I want to see them!