Most loyal BootsnAll readers know that every day we post a featured travel article on our homepage. We also publish the occasional guest post, show you a wanderlust-inducing daily travel photo, connect you to other travelers in our forums, and offer up a whole host of travel tips and tools to help you plan your ideal trip, whether that be a solo trip around the world or a weekend road trip close to home.
But did you know we also host dozens of niche and destination-specific sites that offer in-depth information from experts? With a team of writers living all over the world, we cover 14 destinations and 2 travel themes, with plans for even more in the future. Covering everything from train travel and cheap hotels to the best local food and how to curse in the local language, these guides offer a wealth of information for travelers. Here are some of the best 2010 posts from our WhyGo network.
- How to Visit Las Vegas on a Budget – Covering everything, and we mean everything, you need to know about traveling cheaply in Vegas, this article is chock full of info.
- Planning a Romantic Getaway in Las Vegas – WhyGo Las Vegas writer JoAnna shows us the most romantic spots in Vegas to eat, sleep and play.
- Things to Do in Las Vegas for the Non-Gambler – From shows to spas to outdoor adventure, this article highlights just how much more than casinos Vegas has to offer.
- How to Choose the Best Travel Tent – Find the best tent for your needs and budget with these useful tips and suggestions.
- The Best Hiking Backpacks – Resident gear expert Amiee has tested dozens of backpacks; here she puts her experience to use recommending the best backpacks for hikers.
- Best Netbooks for Traveling – Traveling techies face a unique set of challenges when it comes to gear. Check out suggestions for light and sturdy netbooks great for people on the go.
- What to Eat in Spain: Famous Spanish Foods – Guaranteed to make you hungry for travel to Spain, this one’s full of mouth-watering photos of some of the country’s most iconic foods.
- Top 6 Beaches in Spain – WhyGo Spain writer Nellie unveils six beautiful beaches in Spain perfect for sun-worshippers.
- Photo Essay: Spain Celebrates its First World Cup Win! – This summer the streets of Spain were full of fans cheering the country’s first World Cup win. Nellie was there to take some stunning photos of the celebration.
- How to Eat Thai Food – Confused by curries or scared of spices? WhyGo Thailand writer Catherine walks you through what you need to know about eating in Thailand.
- Market Shopping in Chang Mai – In a city full of markets, here are the best spots to find unique and affordable souvenirs.
- Save Money on Your Vacation with Group Buying Sites – Group buying sites are more popular (and plentiful) than ever. Here’s how to use them to save money in Hawaii.
- Dining on Maui: Local Favorites – WhyGo Hawaii writer Malia takes us on a tour of the best local places for a cheap tasty treat on Maui.
- 5 Places to Watch Football in Waikiki – If you – or your traveling companion – just can’t give up the sports, even on vacation, you’ll want to bookmark this one.
- Favourite Canada Jokes – Get a glimpse at the Canadian sense of humor with these classic jokes about Canada.
- Canada by Train: Planning Tips – There’s something so romantic about the idea of a train trip through Canada. Here’s what you need to know to make the travel dream a reality.
- How to Enjoy Vancouver for Free (or Very Nearly) – Budget travelers rejoice! WhyGo Canada writer Julie shows us how we can enjoy Vancouver on a very small budget.
- Free and Cheap Things to Do in Chicago – Chicago can be an expensive city, if you don’t know better. Read these tips and find out how to live large in Chicago on a small budget.
- 15 Reasons to Love Chicago – WhyGo Chicago writer Katie gives us 15 great reasons to visit Chicago in this love letter to the Windy City.
- How to Create the Perfect Italy Itinerary – One of the most comprehensive Italy itinerary guides on the web, this post should be your first stop when planning an Italy trip.
- How to Use a Rail Pass in Italy – The Italians don’t exactly make booking a train ticket simple. Luckily WhyGo Italy writer Jessica is here to sort out the confusion.
- Discover Romantic Venice in Four Easy Steps and How to Get Lost in Venice – People seem to either love Venice or hate it. It’s one of the most romantic places on Earth and can also be one of the most frustrating. Follow this advice and you’ll see more of its good side.
- Amsterdam iPhone Apps for Travelers – Jessica rounds up an arsenal of iPhone apps to help you eat, drink, and explore your way around Amsterdam.
- Seven Reasons Why You Should Book a Vacation Rental in Amsterdam – Find out why a vacation rental is your best bet in Amsterdam.
- 25 Things You Didn’t Know About Iceland – – The most popular WhyGo Iceland post of 2010, this article offers up 25 quirky facts about Iceland and provides a crash course on the country for anyone planning a visit.
- How to Budget for a Trip to Iceland – Despite its 2008 bankruptcy, Iceland is still an expensive place to visit. Here’s what you need to know to plan your trip budget.
- Photo Essay: Images From North Iceland – WhyGo Iceland writer Katie shares some gorgeous photos from her summer trip to northern Iceland.
- Best Greek Islands for Views – Who doesn’t dream of watching a beautiful sunset from one of Greece’s hundreds of islands? WhyGo Greece writer Cristina tells us where to go for the best views.
- Best Party Islands in Greece – If your Greece trip is more about letting loose than snuggling up with a loved one, check out these three top party islands.
- What to Wear in France in Summer – WhyGo France writer Christine gives us the straight talk on how to avoid a clothing faux pas in fashionable France.
- Ten Things to Do in Provence – Check out ten quintessential experiences to have in one of the most beautiful regions of France. C’est magnifique!
- Menu Tips for France – Read it, bookmark it, print it out, tuck it in your pocket for your trip to France, and never wind up with a heap of unidentifiable innards on your plate again.
- Amazing Australia: 10 Great Images from Travelers & People Living There – Stunning photos of Australia from locals and travelers, guaranteed to inspire you to check the price of tickets to Australia.
- 10 Things in Australia That Will Make Your Skin Crawl – Australia is home to some creepy creatures (and we don’t mean drunk Aussies), which you can check out in this squirm-inducing post.
- 11 Adrenaline Junky Activities in Australia – WhyGo Australia writer Brooke highlights some of the country’s coolest and craziest sports.
- Best Cafes in Paris for People-Watching – Sitting in a cafe watching the world go is a favorite activity of many tourists. Here are the best spots for an afternoon of people-watching in Paris.
- Tipping in Paris – Navigating the tricky rules of tipping in Paris can be difficult for visitors. Check out these rules to avoid a tipping gaffe.
- Best Places for Afternoon Tea in London – If high tea ranks high on your list of London must-do’s, check out these suggestions for the best places to enjoy it.
- Free Things to Do in London – In a city known for eating up a travel budget quickly, there’s a surprising number of free things to do in London. WhyGo London writer Melanie gives us the scoop.
- Best Frequent Flyer Programs – If trying to figure out the many rules and regulations of different frequent flyer programs is driving you crazy, check here for a simple breakdown of which programs offer the best perks.
- How to Get a First Class or Business Class Upgrade – There are a lot of useless ideas out there on how to get the elusive upgrade; here’s some no-nonsense advice that actually works.
- Travel Apps for Blackberry – Because iPhone users shouldn’t have all the fun, this post highlights some useful travel apps available for those of use addicted to our Blackberries.