Author: Jessica Spiegel

Best BootsnAll Travel Photos: June 2011

And just like that, half a year is gone.

With the start of July, we’ve crested the peak of 2011 and have begun the inevitable run downhill toward December. Do you remember a time when six months seemed like an incredibly long time? For most of us, those days – when years were separated into “school days” and “summer” – are long gone. Although three month breaks are no longer the norm, you don’t have to cram all your relaxing into a paltry annual week-long vacation – and the halfway mark of the year is a perfect time to take stock of how much “me time” you’ve taken. Chances are it’s not enough… So you’ve got six months left this year to remedy that situation.

Consider a long weekend away, for which you only need to take one day off work (or even a half-day). Find a local spa, National/State Park, lake or beach cabin – leave the electronic gadgets at home and kick back with a book or a stack of favorite magazines. Even a day trip spent exploring the area where you live can have invigorating powers – discover a new cafe, museum, garden, or shop. Don’t let December and the obligation of holiday travel sneak up on you, leaving you to regret not getting away from your desk more this year.

Of course, if you’d like to rekindle the idea of a three-month (or longer) break, BootsnAll and Meet, Plan, Go! are fully in support of that, too.

Here’s a little inspiration to get you packing your bags for an adventure, either short or long, in the form of our favorite travel photos from June 2011. Don’t forget to click on the links under each photo so you can see it in all its full-sized glory.

>> Hey, folks, please send us your favorite travel photos! No matter where you go, it’s a foreign place to someone out there – so if you’ve got great pictures from your hometown those count as well. It’s easy to submit your photos, and you can send in as many as you like. We look forward to featuring your travel pictures next month!

Sumo Stadium – Nagoya, Japan :: Photo by wanderlass
>> Read about how to travel cheaply in Japan

Li River, China :: Photo by Derek Lee
>> Learn about lesser-known places to go in China

Rabaul, Papua New Guinea :: Photo by Kelly Kavanagh
>> Find cheap airfare to Papua New Guinea

The Crosses of Ranchos – Ranchos de Taos, New Mexico, USA :: Photo by Jim O’Donnell
>> Look for cheap airfare to Albuquerque

Witch Mountain, Iceland :: Photo by Kim Walker
>> Learn 25 things you didn’t know about Iceland

Have you sent us a photo yet? We aren’t looking for professional photographers here – we’re looking for people who get outside their house now and then and bring a camera with them. Send in your favorite photos – we want to see them!