Author: Adam Seper

Indie Travel Take Down – The Elite 8

The Sweet 16 is now history in the Indie Travel Take Down tournament as we make our way closer and closer to the Final Four and the crowning of the Indie Travel Champion.

The Americas region is the only one where the favorites held up, with #1 seed Peru and #2 seed Argentina advancing to face off in what’s sure to be a classic match-up with a trip to the Final Four on the line. The surprises continued in Europe as #7 seed Croatia defeated Germany and will have to defeat #8 seed Portugal if they want to keep moving on. In a grudge match between rivals, New Zealand defeated Australia and still sits as one of the heavy favorites to take the title. But they will have to get past a tough country in Indonesia in the Asia/Oceania region if they want to have a shot. In the Africa/Middle East bracket, #4 seeded South Africa upset #1 seed Morocco and advances to play #7 seed Egypt, who finally dispatched of pesky underdog Madagascar.

Now it’s time for the next round of voting in the Indie Travel Takedown tournament! Here are the match-ups for the Elite 8 – simply click on the “Rate It” button on each flag to give your Indie Travel Rating to your pick for the best country for indie travel in each match-up. The country with the highest indie travel rating in every pair at the end of the round moves on to the Final Four and is one step closer to cutting down the nets.

Voting for this round ends Sunday, March 25 at 11:59pm PST. Be sure to vote for your favorites!

 

The Americas

#1 Peru vs. #2 Argentina

[indieometeroverimage location_id=1062]

vs

[indieometeroverimage location_id=1051]

 

Europe

#8 Portugal vs. #7 Croatia

[indieometeroverimage location_id=1138]

vs

[indieometeroverimage location_id=1107]

 

Asia/Oceania

#1 New Zealand vs. #7 Indonesia

[indieometeroverimage location_id=12]

vs

[indieometeroverimage location_id=1167]

 

Africa/Middle East

#4 South Africa vs. #7 Egypt

[indieometeroverimage location_id=1208]

vs

[indieometeroverimage location_id=1197]

To see the original brackets, first round match-ups, and breakdowns, go to each regions’ page: