Author: Intrepid

We Are Intrepid… Are You? [Sponsored Post]

This post is brought to you by Intrepid Travel. For more information on sponsored posts read here.

We are Intrepid… Are you?

Tell us and you could win a trip for 4 anywhere we travel…

Do you like getting off the beaten path? Exploring a country under the surface, at the local level? Like to escape from the tourist masses and instead travel in small groups? If you answered ‘yes’ to any or all of these questions, then you’re most likely an Intrepid traveler!

For travelers who want to take a wrong turn every now and then, to be amazed and to see the unseen – Intrepid are your partners in adventure. From enjoying weird and wonderful modes of transportation, to visiting the world’s most eye-popping sights, or sharing a smile with a local family over dinner, it’s these transcendent moments when you know you’re really alive. We like to call them ‘real life experiences.’

If you’re ready to do more than scratch the surface of a new country, you’re ready for an Intrepid trip.

Now that you now a bit more about us, we want to hear from you! What makes you ‘intrepid’ – whether in your everyday life or while on the road? Starting May 3, show us what makes you Intrepid and share your experiences with our global community for a chance to win a trip for four.

Simply visit iamintrepid.com, upload your video, photo, blog post, story, or even a song. If your entry gets enough votes, we’ll put it to our panel of ultimate Intrepid celebrity judges, who will choose 1 grand prize winner.

But that’s not all – whether you share your entry or just vote on a friend’s, we’ll give you 15% OFF your next adventure with us. So what are you waiting for? We know we’re Intrepid…are you?

Show the world what Intrepid means to you…

Enter today at iamintrepid.com and you could win a trip for 4!

Local transportation, home stays with local families, unique destinations; this is what makes us Intrepid. To experience this style of travel yourself, check out these trips:

Explore Northern Thailand – 8 days – ex Bangkok

Northern Thailand is a treasure-trove filled with glittering temples, ancient ruins, exotic markets and sumptuous foods. Explore the capital of Siam’s golden age at Sukhothai, travel through the rainforest of Lampang by elephant, visit the bustling markets of Chiang Mai, stay at a special home stay with local friends and enjoy a traditional khantohk dinner. Then, travel by overnight train back to Bangkok where the journey began.

> Find out more

Experience Columbia – 9 days – Bogota to Cartagena


Discover South America’s best-kept secret on this adventure through verdant mountains, aromatic coffee plantations, and powdery beaches. Discover Bogota’s colonial heart and laze on palm-fringed beaches along the Caribbean shoreline. Along the way meet some of the locals that make Colombia one of the world’s friendliest countries. Sleep out in a hammock, far from the masses in Tayrona National Park and navigate this fascinating country by local bus. If you’re looking for an adventure full of rhythm, music, color and life, then jump onboard this trip and experience the best that Colombia has to offer.

> Find out more

Wild Mongolia – 15 days – ex Ulaanbaatar


Travel to Mongolia and experience the raw beauty and tradition of this remote region. Hidden from the world for many years, it is hard to imagine that this secluded country once created the largest land empire ever known. Stay in a traditional ger in the vast plains and enjoy a home-cooked meal from a local family near the Selenge River. Unmatched geographical diversity, pristine grasslands, crumbling ruins and roaming herdsmen riding tough Mongolian horses – see it all on this journey through a land that time forgot.

> Find out more

Experience Rwanda – 8 days – ex Kigali


Visit Rwanda, Africa’s home to some of the last remaining mountain gorillas and a place where you will be warmly welcomed by smiling locals. Rwanda has bravely risen from a tragic past and stands proudly as a representation of Africa’s irrepressible beauty. Be enchanted by Rwanda’s cheeky monkeys and curious chimpanzees; be challenged by tough mountain trekking and awe-struck by the profound power of the endangered mountain gorilla. Relax on sandy shores and stay with locals on an authentic journey into the heart of Rwanda.

> Find out more

The Ghan Adventure – 9 days – Ayers Rock to Kakadu National Park


Journey by train from the heart of the Red Centre to Australia’s Top End on this adventure-packed tour. See the world’s biggest monolith, the mighty Uluru, learn about the oldest culture on earth, and trace the lines of ancient rock art. Dine on outback bush tucker, watch the plains roll by from the famous Ghan, swim in clear rock pools at Kings Canyon, and muse over each day’s adventure with a cold beer. From Alice Springs to Darwin, you’ll discover a land steeped in legend and adorned in breathtaking natural beauty.

> Find out more