Author: Adam Seper

Food and Wine in British Columbia

This post is brought to you by Destination British Columbia. For more information on sponsored posts read here.

A huge part of traveling is sampling the food and drink on offer in a region, and in British Columbia, options abound. Travelers can combine the best of dining with outdoor adventures in Vancouver and Whistler or explore the wineries of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands wine region. There is a small sampling of what to expect below, and you can discover more moments like these here.

Granville Dining

Culinary Adventures in Vancouver and Whistler

British Columbia is known for its stunning natural beauty, but did you know that it’s also a culinary hot spot? One of the great things about travel to places like Vancouver and Whistler is that you can mix the best of dining and outdoor activities!

Food and Wine

  • Gourmet kayak tours – Several tour companies offer kayaking trips to wilderness areas like Indian Arm and Deep Cove, where you can work up an appetite before indulging your taste buds with west coast cuisine.
  • Whistler rail and air adventure – Ride a zipline or soar like an eagle on the PEAK 2 PEAK gondola to the top of Whistler Mountain before enjoying some great food and music. For a more relaxed experience, take the slow route to Whistler on the train, then stroll your day away in Whistler Village.
  • Cycle Vancouver – Vancouver is a lovely city for cyclists, with massive Stanley Park and an abundance of paths in and around the city. Once you work up a big appetite, the dining options are endless.

For more in depth information on culinary adventures in Vancouver and Whistler, check out Vancouver and Whistler Culinary Adventures.

Vancouver Island & Gulf Islands wine region

1-2425

Though it may not be the most well known wine region, you may be surprised at the number and quality of wineries on offer during your trip to BC. Treat all your senses at a Vancouver Island winery or check out the laid back Gulf Islands wineries, all while enjoying the natural beauty of the region.

  • Gulf Island wineries – There are a growing number of wineries on the idyllic Gulf Islands – try visiting Salt Spring Island, Saturna Island, or Pender Island. Add some action to your visit by kayaking through the waters of the Gulf Islands National Park Reserve before trying award-winning wines from the region.
  •  Vancouver Island wineries – The Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island is home to a multitude of wineries nestled along the twisting country roads. Explore the quaint little villages and farms of the area while sampling the wine, cider, port, and balsamic vinegar.

For more in depth information on the wine regions of Vancouver Island and Gulf Island, check out Vancouver Island and Gulf Islands Wineries.

 Photo credits: Patrice Halley, Robert Kent, Andrea Johnson