Prompt #12: Have you ever been helped by a total stranger when traveling?
How: Respond to the prompt – through a blog post, picture, video, drawing, tweet, comment at the bottom of this article – however you want to express yourself. Then tweet and link your response @BootsnAll with the hashtag #indie30
Week 2 theme: On the road again
Details: See below
There is one guiding question/prompt each day, followed by a series of questions, ideas, and comments meant to help you dig deeper. These aren’t meant to be answered directly, just to help (feel free to address any, all, or none of the guiding questions below).
Have you ever been helped by a total stranger when traveling?
- Has a stranger helped you when you were lost? Given you a place to sleep? Something to eat? Told you about a really cool place that wasn’t in your guidebook? Played translator for you?
- What did this person do?
- How did it make you feel?
- Did it impact your opinion of the people or place you were visiting?
- Alternatively, have you ever helped a stranger who was visiting your city or country without asking anything in return?
- What did you help them with and why did you do it?
- How did helping them make you feel?
- What do you hope this visitor learned from your help?
Tools and inspiration: Each day we’ll add a few links having to do with that day’s topic. If you’re experiencing a creativity block, maybe these can give you a few ideas:
- Man on a Mission: How One Guy and His Guitar Can Change the World
- The People You Meet While Traveling
- Picking Up a Hitchhiker
Week 2: On the Road Again
Each week will have a different theme, and this week we want to hear about your travels. Stories, anecdotes, pictures, videos – we want to read, see, and hear them all.
We’re inviting anyone from around the world who has a passion for long-term travel to participate in our month-long art project.
You can respond to each day’s prompt however you see fit – through a blog post, a photograph, a video, a painting, a tweet, a Facebook or G+ comment, commenting below – it’s completely up to you!
We’ll share our favorites each day on Twitter, Facebook, and Google +. At the end of each week we’ll round up our favorite responses and write a blog post linking to each.
Each Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 EST during April we’ll meld #RTWChat with #indie30. We invite anyone interested to join us to chat about that week’s topic.
It’s never too late to start – find out the nitty gritty details here!