Prompt #30: What is the best piece of advice you have received while traveling?
How: Respond to the prompt – through a blog post, picture, video, drawing, tweet, comment at the bottom of this article – however you want to express yourself. Then tweet and link your response @BootsnAll with the hashtag #indie30
Week 5 theme: Never gonna say goodbye
Details: See below
There is one guiding question/prompt each day, followed by a series of questions, ideas, and comments meant to help you dig deeper. These aren’t meant to be answered directly, just to help (feel free to address any, all, or none of the guiding questions below).
What is the best piece of advice you have received while traveling?
- It can be deep and thought provoking, or silly and basic common sense.
- Just tell us the advice, who gave it to you, where you were when you got it, and why it was given to you.
- Has this advice helped you during your travels? How?
- On the flip side, if you’re an experienced traveler, what is the top piece of long-term travel advice you’d give a newbie traveler?
- Why this one piece of advice?
Tools and inspiration: Each day we’ll add a few links having to do with that day’s topic. If you’re experiencing a creativity block, maybe these can give you a few ideas:
- What’s the Worst Travel Advice You’ve Ever Received?
- Seven Solo Female Travel Myths Debunked
- Why You Should Ignore Everything You’ve Heard and Go to Colombia
Week 5: Never Gonna Say Goodbye
Each week will have a different theme, and in this short week of only two days, we’ll be wrapping up #Indie30 and saying farewell to all of you, but hopefully not forever. This whole project was designed to make more meaningful connections with people who share the same passion of long-term travel, so let’s all make it a point to stay in touch after this is all over!
We’re inviting anyone from around the world who has a passion for long-term travel to participate in our month-long art project. You can respond to each day’s prompt however you see fit – through a blog post, a photograph, a video, a painting, a tweet, a Facebook or G+ comment, commenting below – it’s completely up to you! We’ll share our favorites each day on Twitter, Facebook, and Google +. At the end of each week we’ll round up our favorite responses and write a blog post linking to each. Each Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 EST during April we’ll meld #RTWChat with #indie30. We invite anyone interested to join us to chat about that week’s topic.
It’s never too late to start – find out the nitty gritty details here!
Photo credits: runran