Author: Norman Goldman

You Are Here: Traveling with JohnnyJet.com

You Are Here: Traveling with JohnnyJet.com

With the thousands of Internet travel guidebooks to choose from it is very difficult to separate the good from the mediocre. You can literally devote days trying to figure out which guide will reveal the most useful information pertaining to the best air-fares, hotels, cars, lodging, student travel, medical resources, romantic vacations, unique lodging, National Parks, hideaways, things to do and see, shopping, restaurants, and many other essentials necessary to plan and enjoy your vacation.

The impetus that brought about the publication of the recent Internet travel guidebook, You Are Here Traveling with JohnnyJet.com, was the result of the many emails John E. DiScala had received from viewers of his Internet portal Johnny Jet.

Apparently, people were inquiring if there was a companion travel guidebook to compliment the portal. As a result, DiScala and fellow co-author, Eric Leebow, decided to put together a innovative book that would be the ultimate Internet travel guide for people wanting quick and easy information, and at the same time to be used in conjunction with the web site.

Divided into 34 chapters, the guide effectively points its readers in the right direction in clearly summarizing and highlighting over 3000 travel Internet sites. These sites provide a wealth of detailed information that makes life much easier for the traveler. Even the arm- chair traveler will find something of interest.

The guidebook not only focuses on the traditional topics as senior travel, restaurants and hotels, but also the non-traditional – where to find the best diving directories, adoption travel or family reunions, travel humor sites, religious travel, archaeological digs, zoos, and other topics you would not normally find in the “run of the mill” Internet guidebooks.

Also included are some interesting sidebars containing useful tidbits of advice. For example, where is the best place to sit on a plane? We are advised that if you suffer from motion sickness, choose a seat towards the middle of the plane or near the wings.

What I found particularly useful about the book is the user-friendly format with its detailed Table of Contents, appendices and Index.
The reader is not forced to thumb through several pages before he or she can track down what they are seeking. Immediately, a glance to the table of contents or index will clearly point out the way, saving you a great deal of time and frustration. In addition, you even have comprehensive appendices listing destination sites, automobile rental sites, major hotel and motel chains, US and International airlines, airfreight companies with phone numbers, and where to report stolen credit cards with phone numbers.

You Are Here Traveling with JohnnyJet.com is sure to prove to be an invaluable tool in covering the full range of queries travelers often ask and is a welcome addition to the spate of Internet travel books.

  • You Are Here: Traveling with JohnnyJet.com by Eric Leebow

    ——–