During Week 3 of the 30 days of Indie Travel Art Project, we wanted to know more about what places around the world you want to visit, and what get’s you in the mood to roam.
Day 15: If you could pick any country in Asia to go to, which one would you pick and why?
Asia is huge, so how do you pick one country? (Hint, most of you didn’t, and we are right there with you on the indecisiveness!)
- Asia is enormous and @anddontblink summed it up nicely by saying, “It’s such a massive, diverse continent that it would be hard to choose just one country.” (We know, right?)
- @DaraMDenney says “Mongolia and Burma are both on my shortlist“
- @Filipachatillon talks about her Asian dream trip she’s hoping to do this year:
— Filipa Chatillon (@Filipachatillon) April 15, 2014
- @withoutalicense says, “I first got excited about India when I watched a bollywood movie in high school.“
- While @PudgysHuman says, “There is no doubt it would be Afghanistan. I want to meet the people and see what they are really like -beyond the preconceived notion of my mind shaped by none other than the media.” (YES! It is always better to experience a place for yourself and with an open mind.)
- And @BudgetTrvlTalk tweeted us this:
— Budgettraveltalk (@BudgetTrvlTalk) April 17, 2014
Day 16: What city in Europe would you like to visit the most?
- @serenity007 gave us a great photo essay of San Sebastian, Spain
- and @Filipachatillon did a photo essay of her favourite city, Amsterdam (including lots of photos of her orange-clad capers, during her favourite holiday – Queen’s Day).
- @GrantMAho tweets us he wants to visit Helsinki and Prague
- and @loismiddleton says her “DNA lives in Prague” too.
- @MarcieTheMaven doesn’t care which city, as long as it’s in Croatia (I’m with you on that, but I totally recommend Split in the central Dalmatian coast!)
- @Esther_WLW tweeted us this:
— Esther Pretorius (@Esther_WLW) April 16, 2014
- @PudgysHuman made us an amazingly skillful photoshop rendition of how she would look on her trip to Salzburg, Austria. (We love it!)
- @ManRuiTian tweeted us this lovely description of her “literary paradise”, Paris:
— Kristen Mankosa (@ManRuiTian) April 16, 2014
- and @yqtravelling said “Westeros” from Game of Thrones (we never said it couldn’t be a fictional European city) because, “Westeros has 1000 times more swords and an infinity times more shadows dragons.“. We think those are great reasons to go somewhere too!
Day 17: Roadside attractions, national parks, or big cities? What’s your favorite part of traveling in the USA?
- @withoutalicense said, “What I love most about America is that it you can go to all 50 states and have 50 different experiences.” (Yes, yes you can!)
- and @PudgysHuman, being the Traveling Navy Wife, says her favourite roadside attraction is the famous “The Unconditional Surrender (aka “The Kiss”) Statue here in San Diego” (She also included tons of inspiring photos, and a cute cartoony map of the USA in case you want to brush up your geography).
- We also had a bunch of tweets about this:
Day 17 #indie30 My heart lives in San Francisco, has since I made my 1st trip at 15. I’ve lived in SF twice; would love to live there again.
— Lois Middleton (@loismiddleton) April 18, 2014
— Mary Furness (@furnessmk) April 18, 2014
— Jessica (@JourneyJess37) April 18, 2014
— Leyla Giray Alyanak (@womenontheroad) April 18, 2014
- And GoingNomadic linked to an older post of hers, with one of her favourite roadside attractions in Arizona on Route 66. What’s up with the dinosaurs and tee-pees?
Day 18: What one thing, when you see photos of it, make you just want to just pack your bags and go?
It seems everyone is inspired by different things, and we love reading all about them!
- @furnessmk starts us of with this imagination-inspiring, and relaxing, tweet:
— Mary Furness (@furnessmk) April 18, 2014
- and then @PudgysHuman ruins it all with a bunch of photos of sharks feeding and jumping out at us. (You’ve been shark-diving since 15? Awesome!)
- @KerryA_ gets inspired by Angkor Watt. (And have a great time on your trip there this summer!)
- @AradInfo showed us a bunch of photos that make them want to travel
- @womenontheroad gets inspired by food markets (Foodie-love props to you!)
- @loismiddleton gave us this awesome tweet:
Day 18 #indie30 One thing that makes me want to travel? Opening my eyes in the morning and seeing my backpack sitting there on the floor!
— Lois Middleton (@loismiddleton) April 19, 2014
- @surbhiarora330 loves treehouses:
I see a treehouse, and I go bonkers. pic.twitter.com/fFOIJAeDI1
— Surbhi Arora (@surbhiarora330) April 18, 2014
- and @anddontblink told us about Free Spirit Sphere in British Columbia where you can stay in tree-house like wooden spheres that hang from trees in the middle of the woods. We’d never heard of this, but guess where we want to go now?
- and @j2journeys in her week post, says, “Every travel magazine ever.” makes her want to pack her bags and go!
Day 19: Have you ever been to South America? What stands out?
- @suzie_somewhere posted an array of epic photos of the Salar de Uynui in Bolivia that will make you want to by the next ticket down there!
- And @furnessmk told us:
— Mary Furness (@furnessmk) April 19, 2014
- @PudgysHuman writes about Cartagena de Indies, Colombia (where her family is from) in her post “The Only U in Colombia Should be YOU!” (Hahaha, we love the title of this post!)
- @AWeekattheBeach gave us a very honest post about Venezuela and it’s beauty versus its dangers. (Having been to Venezuela, I can agree on much of this, but found Juan Griego on Margarita Island, a relatively safe town.)
Day 20: What part of Africa interests you the most?
We had some really diverse posts this day about what makes Africa interesting to people.
- @nonbillable_hrs, who is in Swaziland right now, tweeted us this:
— Nonbillable Hours (@nonbillable_hrs) April 21, 2014
— Colleen Williams (@AdlibTraveller) April 20, 2014
- @PudgysHuman gave us an incredibly moving post about watching the movie God Grew Tired of Us, about the Lost Boy’s plight, and how it inspired her to jump volunteer with the The California Sudanese Lost Boys and Girls Foundation. (Guess what we are looking up now to learn more?)
- and @GoingNomadic tweeted about meeting the leader of the Global Ghana Youth Network in this tweet:
Day 21: Where do you most want to go in 2014?
It looks like people are traveling a lot this year! So where is everyone heading?
- @withoutalicense is heading to VidCon – a Youtube vloggers convention (I have never heard of this, but now I want to go too!) and then she gives us a great travel video about Smorgasborg, an outdoor market in Williamsburg.
- @PudgysHuman lets us all stalk her with her 2014 itinerary of everywhere she is going this year.
- @AradInfo is heading to Bratislava and Budapest next month to celebrate their wedding anniversary. (HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!)
- @loismiddleton has been planning to walk the Camino del Norte in Spain, but there have been several delays and hiccups along the way – we’re thinking of you and your loss, Lois, and we’re happy you’re still going through with your plans!
- @LooseBall00n and @jkpittman tweeted us these:
— LooseBalloon (@LooseBall00n) April 22, 2014
- and @anddontblink is about to move 800 miles to Maine! (I’ve done crazy moves like that a few times and love them. I think the actual moving part is the best part!)
So that’s it for week 3. Keep up with all the daily prompts on our Facebook, Twitter, and the project page to see what we ask for during the final week – “Looking for adventure!”