- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Accommodation Travel Articles
There is much more to accommodation options than hotels and hostels (and there are many misconceptions about hostels . Learn more about camping, Couchsurfing, WWOOF’ing, homestays, house-sitting, and more in the following pages.
- Nine Quirky Accommodation Options Around Europe
- Denise Pulis introduces nine special and quirky accommodation options around Europe which won't have you running for the door as soon as you wake up.
- Photo Essay: The World’s Most Expensive Hotels
- Expensive to build, expensive to stay in - but not always. Check out some of the "deals" available at the world's most expensive hotels.
- 25 of the Most Romantic Bed and Breakfasts in the US
- Looking for love in all the wrong places? While you can't hurry love, B&B expert Marti Mayne will recommend 25 romantic picks for Valentine's Day and beyond.
- 12 Most Amazing Pools in the World: Part II
- Daydreaming about your next tropical escape? WhyGo Hawaii writer, Malia Yoshioka, takes you to another 12 of the world's most amazing pools. Just add water - sarong, flip flops, and umbrella cocktail not included.
- Why You Should Consider Staying at a Bed and Breakfast
- Looking for travel accommodations with great value and some personality? Learn why bed and breakfasts make a fantastic alternative to traditional hotels and hostels.
- The 10 Commandments for Hostels
- The 10 Hostel Commandments may not be written down on stone tablets, but maybe they should be. Find out what Amy Heading thinks those commandments should be.
- 8 Old Colonial Hotels You Can Still Stay In
- Would you like to pretend you are Michael Palin, or perhaps someone else who gets to stay in historic colonial hotels in the East? Here's a cheaper way, as Inga Kastrone takes us on a tour if 8 of the finest of these landmark properties.
- 5 Notoriously Haunted Hotels in the US
- The US has its share of haunted places, but for most of them you can't pay to experience it yourself. Lisa Legere takes us on a tour of 5 notoriously haunted hotels where you can scare the hell out of yourself if you try.
- 10 Incredible Hotels with Altitude
- Those who want more from their hotels than just a place to sleep have many options. Victoria Brewood has put together a list of hotels with epic views as well as high price tags, for those who like places with a little altitude.
- Homestays in Central America: Save Money With a Deep Cultural Experience
- Finding homestays in Central America isn't always easy, but Oliver Jacques says it can be cheap and extremely rewarding if you get lucky.