- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Africa Travel Articles
With over 50 countries on this massive continent, there is a lot for indie travelers to see in Africa. Many come for the wildlife and safaris, but the culture, landscape, and tradition of Africa is what gets them coming back for more. Peruse over 30 different articles we have about travel in this amazing continent
- How Volunteering in Africa Changed Me
- Volunteering on a refugee camp in Africa may not be a typical travel choice, but as Josh Martin explains, it's certainly a transformational one.
- #JustOneRhino – Save Rhinos and Win Prizes
- Travelers Building Change is raffling off over $30,000 in awesome prizes to those that donate as little as $20 to their #JustOneRhino campaign – which is raising money for Rhinos Without Borders and helping save the critically endangered rhino population.
- The World’s Best Secret Foodie Destination?
- What comes to mind when you think of Algerian cuisine? For some people it's nothing at all. For some people it's just couscous and mint tea. But for Amy Turner, it's one of main reasons you should add Algeria to your list of foodie destinations.
- How To Photograph Your African Safari
- Heading on a safari? You're going to want great pictures, and Dani Blanchette is here to offer this super thorough guide to getting the best photographs on your safari, no matter what your experience level is.
- Planning Your Kenyan Safari
- Is one of your travel dreams to go on safari? Join Dani Blanchette as she offers all you need to know about planning a safari in Kenya.
- 12 Tips for Surviving Public Transportation in a Developing Country
- Traveling by bus or taxi in Uganda can be challenging and frustrating. Shara Johnson gives us a heads-up on what to expect and tips on how to prepare.
- Indie Travel in Mozambique for $45 Per Day
- Mozambique has some of the most beautiful beaches, best diving and off-the-beaten-path adventures that Africa has to offer.
- The Complete Guide to Hitchhiking in Southern Africa
- Jill Nawrocki has hitch-hiked throughout Southern Africa and believes it is one of the best ways to get around the region. She'll tell you what you need to do, what you should bring along for the ride, and how to stay safe while hitching with a stranger.
- Indie Travel in Malawi for $25 Per Day
- Often referred to as ‘the warm heart of Africa," Malawi lives up to its nickname in all respects. From stunning to supremely friendly locals, combined with its low daily budget and relative ease of travel, Malawi is a great place to start off your African love affair.
- Rock Climbing and Trekking in Andringitra, Madagascar
- Travel to Andringitra national park in Southern Madagascar means incredible landscapes, the lure of adventure sports, and a homegrown tourism industry that assures Indie travelers will be giving back and making a difference in the lives of those they meet along the way.