- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Africa Travel Articles
With over 50 countries on this massive continent, there is a lot for indie travelers to see in Africa. Many come for the wildlife and safaris, but the culture, landscape, and tradition of Africa is what gets them coming back for more. Peruse over 30 different articles we have about travel in this amazing continent
- Kenya for the Indie Traveler
- From wildlife to beachcombing to one of the world's epic train rides, Shelley Seale shares some of the best times to be had in Kenya.
- Eco-Travel Guide to Morocco
- Earning acclaim for its recent preservation and conservation efforts and home to some of the most varied scenery in the world with a roster of eco-friendly activities, Morocco makes for a surprising addition to eco-conscious itinerary.
- The Hunt for the “Real Africa”
- Many people travel to Africa in hopes of capturing the continent's unique natural beauty and getting a taste of it's traditional cultures....but is that all there is to traveling in Africa?
- Four Things You Think You Know About South Africa
- South Africa carries with it some pretty hefty baggage - it's far away from so much of the rest of the world that what we "know" about South Africa comes to us largely through brief news snippets, sweeping movie landscapes, or apartheid documentaries on the History Channel. You know there's more to South Africa than that. You just don't know what.
- King Kong Comes to Life: (Very) Close Encounters with a Silverback in Rwanda’s Parc National des Volcans
- In their quest to get close to mountain gorillas in Rwanda, Robin and Pierre Devaux got a lot closer than they anticipated.
- Negotiating for Change in Fez
- As a swell of political dominoes sweeps North Africa and the Middle East, travel in the region has been difficult. Amy Siqveland takes a closer look at Fez, Morocco and examines how visitors are greatly influencing the environmental and cultural preservation of this area.
- Traveler Postcard – Jessica in South Africa
- In BootsnAll's new series, Traveler Postcards, we profile a real trip - highlighting the best of a destination as seen by a particular person on a particular trip. This week, BootsnAll writer Jessica Spiegel shares stories from an epic trip to South Africa.
- Surfing Spots in Capetown
- Cape Town has been one of the hottest tourist destinations of today and many people are dying to come over and have a glimpse of its wonderful and natural beauty. Nikko Marasigan could help you get the best adventure in extreme water sports by providing you some of the best surf spots in Capetown City that every out-going adventurers should know about.
- Saving Kenya’s Black Rhinos
- For an "on-the-ground" wildlife experience, Dawn Kane recommends the Earthwatch tour "Saving Kenya's Black Rhinos" in Kenya.
- Facing East – A Moroccan Experience
- From coast to kasbah...Bridget Murphy discovers Morocco.