- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Africa Travel Articles
With over 50 countries on this massive continent, there is a lot for indie travelers to see in Africa. Many come for the wildlife and safaris, but the culture, landscape, and tradition of Africa is what gets them coming back for more. Peruse over 30 different articles we have about travel in this amazing continent
- Surfing Spots in Capetown
- Cape Town has been one of the hottest tourist destinations of today and many people are dying to come over and have a glimpse of its wonderful and natural beauty. Nikko Marasigan could help you get the best adventure in extreme water sports by providing you some of the best surf spots in Capetown City that every out-going adventurers should know about.
- Saving Kenya’s Black Rhinos
- For an "on-the-ground" wildlife experience, Dawn Kane recommends the Earthwatch tour "Saving Kenya's Black Rhinos" in Kenya.
- Facing East – A Moroccan Experience
- From coast to kasbah...Bridget Murphy discovers Morocco.
- Egypt’s Safe for Tourists…Really!
- While European governments were telling their citizens it was ok to travel to Egypt, North American ones weren't. Canadian writer Carmen G. Farrell traveled to Egypt this spring with her husband and school-aged children and had the trip of a lifetime.
- A Blonde Obrouni in Ghana
- Described as the "Africa for Beginners", Krissy proves that even the most beginner "Obrounis" will feel welcome in the unorthodox country of Ghana.
- 7 Affordable Places to Go on an African Safari
- African safaris can be rather expensive. Isabel Eva Bohrer shares 7 places you can see wildlife - without breaking the bank.
- Chasing Elephants and Decoding Dung: On Safari in Kruger National Park
- Visitors to South Africa's Kruger National Park are not allowed to leave their vehicle... except on bush walks led by armed guides and animal trackers. Brian Spencer on what it's like exploring Kruger by foot.
- Mauritius: An Exquisite Land in Paradise
- Mauritius. This paradise in the Indian Ocean is just teasing visitors with their sandy beaches, turqois water, cities and towns waiting to be explored. Sylvia Seschel shows us the highlights.I want to visit again!
- Nine Amazing Adventures to Add to a Trip to Southern Africa
- South Africa may be the most-visited country in the Southern Africa region, but it shouldn't be your only stop. Countries like Namibia, Lesotho and Botswana offer more wildlife and culture to round out your experience on the continent. Jill Nawrocki suggests nine great adventures to experience in Southern Africa.
- 8 Excellent Experiences in South Africa
- The Soccer World Cup might be the main reason for making a trip to the wonderfully diverse country of South Africa, but that's not all the nation has to offer. From cultural villages and historical sites to fantastic game reserves and parks, South Africa is definitely worth exploring. Ian Dickinson has complied a list of the top eight things to do in this vibrant country.