- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Africa Travel Articles
With over 50 countries on this massive continent, there is a lot for indie travelers to see in Africa. Many come for the wildlife and safaris, but the culture, landscape, and tradition of Africa is what gets them coming back for more. Peruse over 30 different articles we have about travel in this amazing continent
- Eight Great South Africa Festivals to Attend Before, During, and After the World Cup
- South Africa may be hosting the biggest sporting event of the year, but the country is also putting on several arts, music, culture and food festivals in June and July. Ian Dickinson has complied a list of the nation's top eight winter festivals happening before, during and after the Soccer World Cup 2010.
- World Cup 2010 Roundup: Trivia, Teams, & Travel Tips
- The World Cup is the biggest sporting event on earth, so even if you won't be in South Africa for the tournament this year you can enjoy some of these great articles from BootsnAll's very own World Cup Blog. And if you are going to South Africa, there are travel tips here, too.
- Cheap Safari Tips: DIY at South Africa’s Kruger National Park
- If you've assumed safaris are only for the rich, think again. Katie Hammel pulled it off herself on a low budget, so she shares her expert tips for how to do it yourself.
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Safety and Security Tips to Know Before You Go
- There's no reason to fear traveling around Sub-Saharan Africa, but it is important to be aware of some of the unique situations and challenges. JoAnna Haugen offers expert advice on how to enjoy your trip safely.
- Why it’s OK to go to Africa
- If you've dismissed the notion of visiting Africa, you are probably short-changing yourself. Laura-Claire Corson discusses why there's plenty to enjoy.