- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Round the World Wednesday Travel Articles
Every week, on “Round the World Wednesday” we share tips for planning, budgeting and selecting a route, plus advice on where to go and what to see and do all around the world.
- For Women, Staying Home is as Dangerous as Traveling
- It isn't travel that's unsafe for women, it's breathing. Jenn Miller addresses the statistics related to safety for women and children, at home and abroad.
- 5 (Selfish) Reasons to Travel With Your Kids
- Forget the educational, social and longterm benefits of travel for children. Jenn Miller enumerates the immediate benefits for parents: Just imagine, a whole year off of Soccer Saturdays, kid's parties, minivan life, and the judgement of fellow parents. Sign me up.
- Discovering Your Super Power Through Travel
- What's your super power? Why not travel and find out?!
- How a Family Packs for Long Term Travel
- Jenn Miller has been traveling with her four children for seven years straight, across five continents, through more than thirty countries, by bicycle, foot, ferry, bus, train, airplane and more. They've lived in tents for a year at a time and put their feet up at the Four Seasons. If you're wondering what to pack and how to pack it for any sort of adventure with kids, she can help you.
- 5 Ways Travel Has Made Me a Better Lover
- Travel changes us. Jenn Miller discusses five ways that her long term journey has deepened her capacity for love and challenged her to develop a deeper understanding of herself and the world around her.
- 16 Travel Gadgets That Need to be Invented
- Travel gear is a booming business, but the things travelers want most haven't been invented yet! Jenn Miller and a dozen of her long term traveling friends brainstorm the best ideas for what should be the next big thing.
- Travel Turns You Into a Liberal Democrat
- Jenn Miller takes a look at the correlation between international travel and voting patterns among American voters.
- Why Graduating Seniors Shouldn’t Follow the Crowd
- Americans have been pounded over the head from the get-go with the same life plan: Finish high school, go to college, graduate, get a job, retire, live the good life. Jenn Miller is here to discuss altering this pre-made plan that may not work for everyone.
- Why I Hate Short Term Missions Trips
- Jenn Miller dives into the turbulent and emotionally charged waters of voluntourism and faith-based missions trips, explaining why, often, these programs do more harm than good.
- Practical Advice for Location Independent Professionals
- Jenn Miller shares a laundry list of practical advice for the would-be Location Independent, from banking to tax issues and whether or not you're violating your visa to a list of useful Apps.