- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Volunteering Travel Articles
Volunteering is a huge part of the travel industry, and for many long-term indie travelers, it’s the backbone of a big trip. There is a lot of conflicting information out there regarding volunteering, so check out the articles we have on the topic to learn more.
- Why I Hate Short Term Missions Trips
- Jenn Miller dives into the turbulent and emotionally charged waters of voluntourism and faith-based missions trips, explaining why, often, these programs do more harm than good.
- There’s Much More to Travel Than Famous Sites
- Ever thought you want to volunteer in India or Nepal or Thailand? Ever realize that it might cost you thousands of dollars to do so? Find out how Laura Giliberti solved that problem by creating her own volunteer placement, going for a month to teach English, then ended up starting an NGO!
- Connect With Locals and Enhance Your Experience Abroad
- Enhance your experience abroad by connecting with locals. Isabel Eva Bohrer gives tips on how best to do it.
- How a Pencil Made Me Appreciate Life
- Have you had an experience during your travels that really made you take a step back and reflect? Adam Seper shares his story about volunteering in Laos and how much of an impact a simple gift had on him.
- How Volunteering in Africa Changed Me
- Volunteering on a refugee camp in Africa may not be a typical travel choice, but as Josh Martin explains, it's certainly a transformational one.
- 5 Best Spots to Volunteer in Asia
- Overwhelmed by all the volunteering possibilities in Asia? Let Hannah from Go Overseas, an expert at volunteering abroad, narrow down the options with these 5 incredible opportunities.
- 8 Tips for First Time WWOOFer’s
- You've probably seen the word WWOOF before. But what does it mean? How do you do it? Scott Harbeck is here to give you all the tips and advice you need for your first WWOOFing experience.
- An Insider’s Thoughts on Voluntourism in Orphanages and Schools
- Planing to volunteer abroad or do a voluntourism trip? Filipa Chatillon shares her personal experience as a volunteer and volunteer coordinator and what you should look for when choosing your project/company.
- How to Find a Cheap Volunteering Experience
- Interested in making a difference on your holiday but can't afford one of the package programs? Amy Heading was too, and she gives us some expert advice on how to pull it off.
- How to Add Volunteering to Your RTW Trip
- Voluntourism is increasingly figuring high on the agendas of RTW travelers, but knowing where to start is another story. Should you sign up through an organization or go the independent route? Check out our top tips for incorporating voluntourism into your world travels and resources for figuring out how.