- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Architecture Travel Articles
A big part of travel for many is simply wandering the streets of a new city and town and checking out the interesting architecture. Architecture tells us so much about the history and culture of the places we visit. Check out the 25 articles we have about about castles, cemeteries, libraries, and other various architectural wonders around the world.
- 13 Famous Bridges Around the World that You Can Climb or Walk Across
- Bridges all over the world are beautiful structures and they attract tourists like a magnet. Cristina Puscas lists some of the famous bridges you can walk or climb.
- 6 of the Creepiest Castles in the World
- There are plenty of creepy castles out there, but some really stand out and are actually said to be haunted. Cherrye Moore takes us on a tour of six of the most notorious of these.
- 10 of the World’s Most Unique Fountains
- When you think about fountains you probably have one specific type of fountain in mind, but of course they come in all shapes and sizes. Deanna Hyland points out 10 of the best and most unusual.
- 10 Miniature City Marvels Around the World
- People who love to travel efficiently might be interested in some of the miniature cities around the world, where you can see whole towns at a glance. Deanna Hyland lists 10 of the best here.
- 7 Great Castles That Are Not in Europe
- When you think of castles it's natural to first think of Europe, but it turns out the rest of the world has its fair share too. Andy Hayes has uncovered 7 of the finest from everywhere but Europe.
- 9 of the Strangest Bone Churches of Europe
- You don't have to be a horror movie fan to find Europe's many bone churches fascinating, like BootsnAll writer Jessica Spiegel does.
- Walled Cities Around the World
- Take a tour of 11 of the best-preserved walled cities on earth.
- Six of the Least Visited Ruins in the World
- The ancient world is filled with fascinating ruins, but some are nearly ignored for a variety of reasons. Cherrye Moore points out six interesting ones that are worth knowing about.
- 11 Interesting Orthodox Churches and Cathedrals
- Orthodox churches are some of the most elaborate anywhere. BootsnAll staff writer Cristina Puscas explains their significance and takes us on a tour of 11 of the most interesting around the world.
- Ten Magnificent Monuments
- Not everyone defines the word "monument" the same way, but whatever you call them, there are some huge and amazing memorial structures out there, and Deanna Hyland points out 10 of the best.