- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Packing Travel Articles
Despite loving travel, there are so many travel lovers out there who hate the packing part of travel. The following articles try to make the process easier for you, by offering plenty of tips from expert travelers.
- Ultralight Weight Travel and No Baggage Fees
- Packing light can be a real challenge for some travelers, but Simone Cannon de Bastardo shows you how to master this skill quickly and easily.
- First-Time Backpacking: What I’ve Learned
- Jenn Miller discusses the difference between packing your backpack for the average RTW and packing for an unsupported backpacking trip. She touches on why, most of the time, it doesn't really matter what you pack and why cutting the weight in your pack is less important than taking care of the most important piece of gear you possess.
- 8 MacGyverable Items You Already Have in Your Backpack
- If you are in some kind jam on the road, or maybe you are just bored, or you want to create a new art project, you can follow Eileen Smith's ideas on how to make and do things with items you are already carrying.
- 2 Trips, 1 Bag – The Savvy Traveler’s Secret Weapon
- Packing for two widely different destinations or trips with one bag can be done, but you’ll have to scrutinize your itinerary, evaluate like an actuary and cut like a surgeon. Michelle M. Winner tells you exactly how to do it.
- 10 Reasons Traveling Light Will Change Your Life
- Exhilarated by traveling lightly, Francine Jay applies the same techniques to declutter her life—editing the contents of her home just as she does her suitcase. In the process, she discovers the joy and freedom of ditching the extra baggage.
- The Ultimate Guide to Packing for a Long-Term Trip
- So many different things go into planning a RTW trip. You have to worry about things like travel insurance, immunizations, and whether or not to purchase a RTW plane ticket. But one of the biggest questions we get revolves around packing. For those who have never taken more than a week or two trip before, it can be overwhelming thinking about what to bring on a trip around the world. Adam Seper is here to give you all his tips and advice for packing efficiently for a RTW trip.
- 7 Things A Woman Backpacker Should Always Remember to Pack
- What does a woman backpacker "really" need to have with her before venturing to faraway places? Laura Lotti seems to know, and some of her tips might sound quite unexpected. Eventually, seen from a nomadic-spirited city girl's perspective they make sense.
- 7 of the Best Carry-On Bags For Under $70
- So you’re in need of a new carry-on bag, but you’d rather save your money to spend on your trip? BootsnAll’s resident travel gear fanatic, Amiee Maxwell, recommends 7 pieces under 70 bucks.
- Why Travelers Should Never Leave Home Without Duct Tape
- Many people find it difficult to raise your enthusiasm thermometer beyond lukewarm on the subject of duct tape, but Deneice Arthurton says it is an invaluable piece of equipment for the independent backpacker.
- Around the World in 42 Days With No Luggage:The No Baggage Challenge
- Many travelers talk about the importance of packing light. The standard opinion is that traveling with a smaller amount of luggage means less waiting in lines to check bags, less waiting at the baggage claim to retrieve your bag (that is, if it wasn’t lost along the way), no extra fees for checked bags, and […]