- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Art & Culture Travel Articles
- Five Strange Ukrainian Traditions You Will Love
- From jumping into the freezing ice-holes to ditching Santa Claus on Christmas, Oksana Arkhypchuk explores strange Ukrainian holiday traditions that can still be witnessed in the rural villages
- Culture Connection: How to Wai Like a Thai
- Kathleen Broadhurst demystifies one of the most common and misunderstood gestures in Thailand.
- Never Fill Your Own Glass: 20 Foreign Drinking Rules and Customs You Need to Know
- Being prepared to drink in a foreign land requires more than knowing how to order a beer in the local language. Let David Joshua Jennings help maneuver you through 20 drinking traditions and customs around the world.
- Nessie and Friends: 7 Lake Monsters Around the World
- Fascinated by the legend of the monster in Lake Van Turkey, Inka Piegsa-Quischotte discovers more lake monsters all over the world.
- 15 of the Weirdest Roadside Attractions in America
- Giant condiments, buildings in the shape of animals, and cars arranged to mimic ancient ruins. Val Bromann shows you some of the weirdest roadside attractions America has to offer.
- 10 Unique Wedding Ceremonies Around the World
- Prince William and Kate Middlton don't have a choice where and how their wedding of the decade takes place. But Inka Piegsa-Quischotte looks at 10 destinations and ceremonies they might have chosen instead of Westminster Abbey.
- Slum Tourism: A Look at Both Sides of the Debate
- Slum tourism is rapidly growing in countries like South Africa and India but debate still goes on over whether it is beneficial or exploitative. Hilton Yip takes a look at this issue, including personal experience of slum tours, to see if it is more of the former than the latter.
- Swept Up In Mumbai’s Movie Star Mania
- In the Bollywood-mad streets of Mumbai, stalking movie stars is approached with all the intensity of overthrowing governments.
- The McDonald’s Debate: Is McCulture Always a Bad Thing?
- Are we being selfish when we want to travel the world without seeing American fast food? Matthew Stone explores this global conundrum.
- European 2010 Capitals of Culture: 3 Worthwhile Stops on Your Europe Itinerary
- Andy Hayes takes us on a tour of the 2010 designated European Capitals of Culture - 3 cities that would be excellent additions to any trip through Europe.