- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Camping Travel Articles
No matter if you’re a newbie who has never set up a tent before or you’re someone who has camped in the Himalayas, we have something for you. Find out about the best camping gear, how to camp if you have a family, and plenty of other tips and suggestions here on the camping page.
- A Case for Car Camping in New Zealand
- Taking a road trip is the best way to explore the unique landscapes of New Zealand, as you’ll be up front with nature as well as free to create your own path. Annie Shustrin explains why renting a car and sleeping under the stars the best way to experience the quintessential New Zealand road trip
- 8 of the Best Places to Camp Around the World
- There’s no better way to get back to nature than to pitch your tent, spark up the campfire (with or without marshmallows) and doze off under the stars, and these 8 locations offer some of the best settings for sleeping under the stars.
- The Best Family Campgrounds in the U.S.
- If you haven't been camping, then you don't know what you're missing. Bill H. Cooper shows us that there are some wonderful family campgrounds in the US and some are even resorts.
- Five Tips For Camping With Kids
- Jenn Miller has lived in tents for much of her life, on multiple continents, and with four kids. She shares her best tips for camping with kids. Say your "Hail Marys," pack a few "Hallelujahs" and dive in for an unforgettable camping adventure with your kids.
- 10 Gear Items You Need for Any Camping Trip
- Planning your first camping trip or are you wanting to make sure you have all the essentials before you head out with the family? Travel Gear Blog writer Amiee Maxwell, recommends 10 items you need to keep comfortable during your upcoming camping trip.
- Why We Camp: An Ode to the Joy and Sorrow of the Great Outdoors
- Janice Horton takes a deeper look at the nitty gritty of camping and why we do it, and comes to the conclusion that getting closer to nature is only one small part of the appeal.
- Camping in Europe – A First-Timer’s Guide
- Until you've actually tried it, you probably don't realize how fun, cheap, and easy camping in Europe can be. Longtime expert Jennifer Miller gives you all the information you need to get started yourself.