Art Travel Articles
There are plenty of travelers who could plan an entire RTW trip around museums. If you are this type of traveler, then the following pages are for you. We share tips and advice for seeing and learning about art around the world – from museums to street art to entire cities.
- Seven Former Factories Turned Into Must-See Museums
- Once upon a time, these factories created commodities like boxes, mattresses, and electricity. Now they’re making inspiration, imagination, and thought. Jessica Allen shows us seven former factories that have been turned into must-see museums.
- The World’s Best Cities for Viewing Street Art
- Street art has always been cool, but in the 21st century it’s become an art. Jessica Allen discusses 9 cities whose art and artists are worth checking out.
- 9 Unusual Food Museums That Amuse and Educate
- Art museums are fine for some people, but how much can they tell us about weird food items? Deanna Hyland takes us on a tour of 9 museums dedicated specifically to unusual eats.
- Eight Paintings Every Traveler Should See (And Where to See Them)
- The world's museums are filled with great paintings, but there are only a handful that stand out as exceptional or important or strangely famous. Cherrye Moore takes us on a tour of 8 of the most notable of these.
- 6 Ephemeral Art Forms You Won’t Want to Miss
- Temporary art seems to be gaining in popularity in spite of the obvious drawbacks. Eileen Smith lists places and events where you can check out some of the finest examples anywhere.
- Museums are Overrated: Here Are 8 Alternatives
- Have you ever visited a museum because you thought you were supposed to instead of because you knew you'd enjoy it? There's no shame in skipping them, and here are 8 options to learn about the real culture today.
- New Orleans Cemeteries: A Photo Tour
- New Orleans is home to some of the most gorgeous cemeteries in the world. Join BootsnAll writer Jessica Spiegel on this tour of some of the most picturesque.
- 7 Best Modern Art Museums in the World
- Not everyone appreciates modern art, but those who do love their museums. Andy Hayes points out the 7 best in the world, including a couple of surprises.