- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Tours Travel Articles
Taking tours isn’t the most indie of travel experiences, and a lot goes into choosing the tour that’s right for you. Sometimes it’s necessary to join up with a tour group to see certain sites and have certain experiences, and the following articles will help you find one that’s perfect.
- Maybe Organized Tours Aren’t So Bad After All?
- As an self proclaimed indie traveler, I should have an open mind about all types of travel, yet I've always been kinda snotty about organized tours. Then I met Laura, who got me to re-think my stance.
- Your Guide to Visiting the Salar de Uyuni
- Visiting Bolivia's Salar de Uyuni (Salt Flats) is usually high on a traveler's itinerary when visiting South America. Adam Seper is here to break down the options travelers have for visiting this amazing world wonder.
- Can Families Travel Indie-Style On a Tour?
- There are lots of travel myths floating around out there. Two of the biggest are that you can't take a real indie trip as a family, and you can't have an indie travel experience on a guided tour. Adam Seper is here to dispel those myths and show you how to do both.
- Will You Accept the Big Challenge?
- You’ll be happy to know Intrepid Travel is throwing down the gauntlet once again, and now is the perfect time to dive headfirst into a new challenge. Whether you get a kick out of pushing yourself to the limits, or you just feel like trying something new, Intrepid Travel is challenging you to make 2013 a year to remember.
- 10 Delicious Discoveries with Intrepid Travel [Sponsored Post]
- Come discover a sumptuous feast of delicious travel destinations featuring the world's most enticing local cuisines. Explore some remarkable places with cultures, sights and food so divine, they have become the world's greatest travel destinations.
- The Step-by-Step Guide to Visiting Machu Picchu
- Each year travelers from around the globe flock to Machu Picchu, Peru's "lost" Inca city, some seeking adventure, others seeking a more spiritual journey. Returned from trekking the World's Eighth Wonder, Hope Tarr shares her ten steps for getting the most out of your trip.
- The 10 Best New Intrepid Trips for 2012 [Sponsored Post]
- Where to go in 2012? Be the first to experience Intrepid Travel's exciting new adventures!
- 10 Ghostly Tours to Take Around the World
- A vengeful priest who haunts his castle to this day…a bizarre suitcase murder…an abandoned hospital haunted by unforgiving souls. Vanita Pathman unveils some of the best ghost tours around the world.
- How to Plan an Eco-Friendly RTW Trip: 9 Destinations to Go Green
- From bobbing along the Amazon in a hammock and exploring riverside villages by longboat, to volunteering with wildlife preservation groups or sleeping in an igloo village, these nine locations are top of the list for those planning an eco-friendly RTW trip.
- Top 10 Classic Journeys with Intrepid Travel
- From the Trans-Siberian to the Silk Road, Intrepid Travel highlights some of their best Classic Journeys.