- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Asia Travel Articles
Asia is a massive continent that is varied and offers tons of indie travel experiences. Choose from nearly 100 articles – hitchiking tips, travel guides to cities and countries, and food guides – just to name a few.
- Independent Travel Tips for Tokyo
- Japan isn’t nearly as expensive as it used to be. Despite the lower prices, it can still be quite confusing and enigmatic. Everything is the same but different - which is also part of what makes Tokyo such a fun and interesting place to visit.
- Indie Travel in Hong Kong for $60 Per Day
- Some call it the world city of Asia, and Hong Kong has something for everyone. In the morning you can get lost in the city, taking in its international culture, and in the afternoon you can hike in the forest or lounge on the beach. And you can do it all for under $60 a day.
- A Secret Beach in Bangkok
- There is at times some merit to the undeniably overused cliché that the journey itself is as important, and can be as enjoyable, as the destination. Follow Chris Wotton as he searches for a secret beach in the one of the most bustling cities in the world.
- Attending a Local Funeral: A Day in the Life of a Long-Term Traveler
- Travel with Jennifer Miller to Tana Toraja, in the south central highlands of the Indonesian island of Sulawesi where she encounters death, and life, and the passage of a grandfather to paradise on the back of a water buffalo.
- Travel History Lessons
- Hanoi is an assault on the senses, but not an unpleasant one at all. Very glad not to be often judged by the actions of her government or the governments of her country that have passed in the generations before my time. People are not refusing to feed her noodles because of President Johnson’s policies, and Jenn Miller is wading through the bustling crowd of contradictions that is Hanoi, Vietnam
- Five Truths About Long-Term Travel
- Many people fantasize about long-term travel. And no wonder - it can be a truly transformative experience. But it's not all glamour and excitement. Mariellen Ward shares Five Hard Truths About Long-Term Travel that can help prepare you for the inevitable reality check.
- China for the Independent Traveler
- China is an amazing country- but many traveler's find it intimidating. Here's your guide to backpacking in China- and why it's easier than you think.
- Traveling by Motorbike
- Ever wondered what it's like to travel through India on a motorcycle? Join David Joshua Jennings in Ladakh, India, for a day in the life of a long-term traveler.
- The Thailand of Your Dreams
- Waking in a rice paddy, the whine of a mosquito, the soft blow of water buffalo working, and the joy of getting so far off of the beaten path that you're lost and illiterate. This is Thailand
- 8 Dishes to Try in Bangkok
- Thai food is one of the most popular and trendy cuisines in the world. But how many people simply stop at Pad Thai? James Pham highlights some of the best street food Bangkok has to offer, proving that there is life after Pad Thai.