- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Asia Travel Articles
Asia is a massive continent that is varied and offers tons of indie travel experiences. Choose from nearly 100 articles – hitchiking tips, travel guides to cities and countries, and food guides – just to name a few.
- Teach English in Asia in Five Simple Steps
- You don't have to quit your job, purchase an expensive plane ticket, and fly halfway around the world on a whim that you'll find a job when you get there. If you want a meaningful career without the risk, follow Jessica Hill's five simple steps to landing a job as a Foreign English Teacher in Asia, before you even leave home.
- The How To Guide to Traveling China By Train
- China's railway system has expanded to the third largest in the world, and it can get you almost anywhere cheap and easily. Here are seven simple steps Mitchell Blatt outlines to help you plan a trip in China by rail.
- 8 Lesser Known Sights in Rajasthan, India
- Explore the world of the Rajputs and witness a way of village life that hasn’t changed much in hundreds of years. From step wells to sexy sculptures, Anne Supsic shows you how to dig deeper into Rajasthan and create your own triangle of adventure.
- Hitchhiking Tips for Central Asia
- Fancy some real Central Asian adventure to feel like an explorer on the Silk Road? In this case, please read on, as Marco Ferrarese - who has recently completed an overland hitch hiking trip from Singapore to Europe - has a set of tips ready to help you find a ride across the region. Learn how to tackle greedy Uzbek drivers, score lifts across the Tajik mountains, dodge the Turkmen foreign travelers' restrictions, and end up with multiple invitations to visit your hosts’ families for the ultimate Central Asian adventure.
- Indie Travel in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan for $50 a day
- Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan may not be on your top places to visit, but if you are an intrepid and adventurous traveler you just may want to consider adding them!
- Indie Travel in Hong Kong for $60 Per Day
- Some call it the world city of Asia, and Hong Kong has something for everyone. In the morning you can get lost in the city, taking in its international culture, and in the afternoon you can hike in the forest or lounge on the beach. And you can do it all for under $60 a day.
- Eat Your Way Around Taiwan
- Got a craving for some pig's blood? How about a nice heaping plate of fermented tofu? We've got it all covered in our guide to the best that Taiwanese cuisine has to offer.
- The Real South Korea on $30 a Day
- With five-dollar meals and seven-dollar beds, South Korea can be one of Asia's cheapest destinations. Get out of Gangnam to save cash and see the traditional side of the country.
- Lessons from Jakarta
- In which Jennifer Miller begins to work her way through the Indie Traveler Manifesto as it applies to Jakarta and her own inner journey.
- A Bangka to Bohol: Adventures in Philippine Travel
- How two valiant travelers cope with the sometimes fickle Philippine’s transport system and avoid disaster in the process.