- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Asia Travel Articles
Asia is a massive continent that is varied and offers tons of indie travel experiences. Choose from nearly 100 articles – hitchiking tips, travel guides to cities and countries, and food guides – just to name a few.
- Indie Travel in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan for $50 a day
- Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan may not be on your top places to visit, but if you are an intrepid and adventurous traveler you just may want to consider adding them!
- Eat Your Way Around Taiwan
- Got a craving for some pig's blood? How about a nice heaping plate of fermented tofu? We've got it all covered in our guide to the best that Taiwanese cuisine has to offer.
- Lessons from Jakarta
- In which Jennifer Miller begins to work her way through the Indie Traveler Manifesto as it applies to Jakarta and her own inner journey.
- A Bangka to Bohol: Adventures in Philippine Travel
- How two valiant travelers cope with the sometimes fickle Philippine’s transport system and avoid disaster in the process.
- Exploring Indonesia by Motorbike
- While bus might be the most commonly used form of transportation for travelers in Indonesia, renting a motorcycle affords you the freedom to explore at your leisure and allows you to truly experience the amazing cultural diversity that exists.
- Cambodia on $25 Per Day
- A blip on the Banana Pancake Trail or a worthy destination into itself? James Pham makes the case for why now is the perfect time for indie travel to Cambodia.
- Burma is Back
- Burma is back on the map for ethical travellers. Follow in Alex Jones' footsteps as he checks out a fascinating country where, for the moment at least, foreign tourists remain few and far between.
- 5 Dishes You Shouldn’t Leave Laos Without Trying
- Often overshadowed by its neighbors of Thailand and Vietnam, Lao cuisine is uniquely rustic and deceptively simple. James Pham explains why Lao food deserves to be celebrated.
- Why South Korea Makes the Perfect Winter Getaway for 2013
- Embrace the colder months in the super-modern country preparing to be the host of the next winter Olympics. South Korea may not yet be recognized as a top winter destination, but writer and expat Natalie Lyall-Grant explains why it should be - and will be - over the next few years.
- Indie Travel in Myanmar for $45 Per Day
- Myanmar, with its beautiful mountains, pristine lakes, temples, and outdoor activities galore, is a country that can be easily explored without punching a hole in the wallet. Learn how Chelsea Perino experienced all that Myanmar had to offer on a $45 a day budget.