- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Asia Travel Articles
Asia is a massive continent that is varied and offers tons of indie travel experiences. Choose from nearly 100 articles – hitchiking tips, travel guides to cities and countries, and food guides – just to name a few.
- The Real South Korea on $30 a Day
- With five-dollar meals and seven-dollar beds, South Korea can be one of Asia's cheapest destinations. Get out of Gangnam to save cash and see the traditional side of the country.
- Lessons from Jakarta
- In which Jennifer Miller begins to work her way through the Indie Traveler Manifesto as it applies to Jakarta and her own inner journey.
- A Bangka to Bohol: Adventures in Philippine Travel
- How two valiant travelers cope with the sometimes fickle Philippine’s transport system and avoid disaster in the process.
- Exploring Indonesia by Motorbike
- While bus might be the most commonly used form of transportation for travelers in Indonesia, renting a motorcycle affords you the freedom to explore at your leisure and allows you to truly experience the amazing cultural diversity that exists.
- Cambodia on $25 Per Day
- A blip on the Banana Pancake Trail or a worthy destination into itself? James Pham makes the case for why now is the perfect time for indie travel to Cambodia.
- Burma is Back
- Burma is back on the map for ethical travellers. Follow in Alex Jones' footsteps as he checks out a fascinating country where, for the moment at least, foreign tourists remain few and far between.
- 5 Dishes You Shouldn’t Leave Laos Without Trying
- Often overshadowed by its neighbors of Thailand and Vietnam, Lao cuisine is uniquely rustic and deceptively simple. James Pham explains why Lao food deserves to be celebrated.
- Why South Korea Makes the Perfect Winter Getaway for 2013
- Embrace the colder months in the super-modern country preparing to be the host of the next winter Olympics. South Korea may not yet be recognized as a top winter destination, but writer and expat Natalie Lyall-Grant explains why it should be - and will be - over the next few years.
- Indie Travel in Myanmar for $45 Per Day
- Myanmar, with its beautiful mountains, pristine lakes, temples, and outdoor activities galore, is a country that can be easily explored without punching a hole in the wallet. Learn how Chelsea Perino experienced all that Myanmar had to offer on a $45 a day budget.
- Nha Trang ― Vietnam’s Happiest Beach Town on $30 a Day
- Nha Trang is the perfect laid back beach break as you make your way between frenetic Ho Chi Minh City and cultural Hanoi. James Pham explores why it may also just be the happiest place in Vietnam.