- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Asia Travel Articles
Asia is a massive continent that is varied and offers tons of indie travel experiences. Choose from nearly 100 articles – hitchiking tips, travel guides to cities and countries, and food guides – just to name a few.
- Exploring Indonesia by Motorbike
- While bus might be the most commonly used form of transportation for travelers in Indonesia, renting a motorcycle affords you the freedom to explore at your leisure and allows you to truly experience the amazing cultural diversity that exists.
- Cambodia on $25 Per Day
- A blip on the Banana Pancake Trail or a worthy destination into itself? James Pham makes the case for why now is the perfect time for indie travel to Cambodia.
- Burma is Back
- Burma is back on the map for ethical travellers. Follow in Alex Jones' footsteps as he checks out a fascinating country where, for the moment at least, foreign tourists remain few and far between.
- 5 Dishes You Shouldn’t Leave Laos Without Trying
- Often overshadowed by its neighbors of Thailand and Vietnam, Lao cuisine is uniquely rustic and deceptively simple. James Pham explains why Lao food deserves to be celebrated.
- Why South Korea Makes the Perfect Winter Getaway for 2013
- Embrace the colder months in the super-modern country preparing to be the host of the next winter Olympics. South Korea may not yet be recognized as a top winter destination, but writer and expat Natalie Lyall-Grant explains why it should be - and will be - over the next few years.
- Indie Travel in Myanmar for $45 Per Day
- Myanmar, with its beautiful mountains, pristine lakes, temples, and outdoor activities galore, is a country that can be easily explored without punching a hole in the wallet. Learn how Chelsea Perino experienced all that Myanmar had to offer on a $45 a day budget.
- Nha Trang ― Vietnam’s Happiest Beach Town on $30 a Day
- Nha Trang is the perfect laid back beach break as you make your way between frenetic Ho Chi Minh City and cultural Hanoi. James Pham explores why it may also just be the happiest place in Vietnam.
- How to Plan an Extended Trip in Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia has long been a major stopping point for backpackers around the world. Exotic destinations, beautiful beaches and mountains, bustling cities, fantastic food, friendly people, a well trodden tourist trail, and super cheap prices all contribute to one of the top regions in the world for traveling. If you are thinking about planning a trip around the classic Southeast Asian loop of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam, Adam Seper is here to give you all the information you'll need to know.
- Celebrating Christmas in India
- Christmas is celebrated across India and every state has its own unique way of celebrating. Aditi Bose takes you through a journey across some of these states and also introduces you the best Christmas shopping and food that these regions have to offer.
- Bhutan: Why It’s Worth It
- Bhutan, a peaceful and spiritual oasis lying in the heart of the Eastern Himalayas offers unique adventures to travelers, but has a reputation for being expensive that deters potential visitors. Kellie Netherwood explains why it is worth it.