- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Architecture Travel Articles
A big part of travel for many is simply wandering the streets of a new city and town and checking out the interesting architecture. Architecture tells us so much about the history and culture of the places we visit. Check out the 25 articles we have about about castles, cemeteries, libraries, and other various architectural wonders around the world.
- Plan a Trip Around Medieval Castles
- People plan trips around many activities: food, hiking, biking, extreme sports, and religious festivals, to name a few. Many people plan RTW travel around historical sites , a good way to understand the history of the places visited and and learn about bygone eras. Historical sites can mean many different things. But if you’re looking […]
- 10 MORE of the World’s Most Fascinating Cemeteries
- In a sequel to last fall’s article, Anne Supsic “digs up the dirt” once again bringing you more favorite cemeteries based on recommendations from BootsNall readers…
- 12 of the World’s Most Fascinating Cemeteries
- Burial is the oldest of human rituals. From simple stone dolmens to the glory of the pyramids, humans have spent a lot of time and energy providing the deceased with a decent send-off. Basic or bombastic, cemeteries tell us how people died, but also how they lived. Anne Supsic profiles 12 of the most interesting cemeteries in the world.
- 8 Unique and Colorful Small Towns Around the World
- Color is an element that can animate the feel of a small town. And when architecture, the most representative aesthetic feature of a place feasts on color, the stage is set for a remarkable traveling experience.
- Five of the Coolest Rooftops Around the World
- There's no denying that the world is just a better looking place from several stories up-cocktails taste a little better, pools are a bit more refreshing, and food has that something special. Here are our top five favorite places around the world to get a bird's eye view.
- Such Great Heights: 9 Soaring Towers With a View from the Top
- Humankind has long had the desire to build structures that pierce the sky and aspire toward heaven, and it seems every few years a new record is broken. Nicholas Vroman presents a tour of nine towers that allow travelers to reach new heights around the world.
- 10 of the Most Beautiful Libraries and Bookshops to Visit on Your Travels
- Whether you are a bookworm or not, libraries are often distinguished architectural landmarks that can provide deeper insights not only into a country’s literature, but also its culture and history as a whole. Isabel Eva Bohrer explores 10 libraries worth visiting on your travels.
- The World’s Best Cities for Viewing Art Nouveau Art and Architecture
- Art Nouveau is nowhere near "the new art" anymore, but you can still enjoy the Nouveau style around the world. Jessica Peter recommends eight places to see.
- 11 of the World’s Coolest Train Stations
- From futuristic architecture and elaborate decor to wild and remote locations, these 11 train stations are destinations in themselves.
- Best Architecture Cities in the World
- Great architecture is both artistic and scientific, both beautiful and practical. Even more, architecture gives us cultural clues about a city's past, present and future.