- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Round the World Wednesday Travel Articles
Every week, on “Round the World Wednesday” we share tips for planning, budgeting and selecting a route, plus advice on where to go and what to see and do all around the world.
- 5 Ways Travel Has Made Me a Better Lover
- Travel changes us. Jenn Miller discusses five ways that her long term journey has deepened her capacity for love and challenged her to develop a deeper understanding of herself and the world around her.
- 16 Travel Gadgets That Need to be Invented
- Travel gear is a booming business, but the things travelers want most haven't been invented yet! Jenn Miller and a dozen of her long term traveling friends brainstorm the best ideas for what should be the next big thing.
- Travel Turns You Into a Liberal Democrat
- Jenn Miller takes a look at the correlation between international travel and voting patterns among American voters.
- Why Graduating Seniors Shouldn’t Follow the Crowd
- Americans have been pounded over the head from the get-go with the same life plan: Finish high school, go to college, graduate, get a job, retire, live the good life. Jenn Miller is here to discuss altering this pre-made plan that may not work for everyone.
- Why I Hate Short Term Missions Trips
- Jenn Miller dives into the turbulent and emotionally charged waters of voluntourism and faith-based missions trips, explaining why, often, these programs do more harm than good.
- Practical Advice for Location Independent Professionals
- Jenn Miller shares a laundry list of practical advice for the would-be Location Independent, from banking to tax issues and whether or not you're violating your visa to a list of useful Apps.
- 10 Ways Long Term Open-Ended Travel Sucks
- Seven years into long term, open-ended travel, Jenn Miller comes clean about the ways that living on the road often sucks. It's not all wine and roses, there are some very real struggles, and people considering taking the leap might want to know!
- The Realities of a Location Independent Life
- Are you considering making the leap to a Location Independent career? Lusting over those "at the beach with laptop" photos circulating annoyingly on Facebook? Jenn Miller and her husband are well into their sixth year of full time travel, working as they go. She's sharing some of the realities of what it means to work on the road.
- Travel Central America: Honduras to Panama
- Central America is such a small slither of land that many indie travelers forget to put it on their travel plan, which is a shame as it has some of the best sights in Latin America. In two parts, Jo Fitzsimons explains how to plan an extended trip in Central America with part 2 covering Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama.
- 10 Unfortunate Byproducts of Long-Term Travel
- There are people who make the assumption that long-term travel is like being on vacation forever: waking up late, other people doing your laundry, drinks delivered poolside, cheap massages and a general disregard for the temporal realities. Nothing could be further from the truth. Jenn Miller points out ten unfortunate side effects of long-term travel that are impossible to avoid.