- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Budget Travel Travel Articles
Many of us started our indie travels by being budget travelers. When you’re in your teens, college, or embarking on your first long-term trip, traveling on a budget is often the only way to make it work. Learn the ins and outs of budget travel, along with tons of tips, advice, and destination recommendations, in the following pages.
- How to Travel Around the World for $40 Per Day
- The mistake most make when dismissing the possibility of being able to go on a RTW trip is that it is simply too expensive. That is just not true. While you may not be able to travel to Western Europe or around the United States on a small budget, plenty of amazing regions around the world offer the chance to travel in relative comfort for rock bottom prices.
- Travel Hacking: Can You Really Travel the World for Free?
- What's the biggest obstacle between you and your travel dreams? Money? Almost everyone says that! Drew and Caroline Macomber are living proof that anyone, on any budget, can travel full time, and often for free. Not only are they doing it, they're sharing their secrets with all of us! Ready to get inspired?
- 5 Countries to Visit for Under $500
- Ever dream of taking a trip on the other side of the world? Do you think it's impossible because of the high cost? Think again because Adam Seper is here with five countries to travel in for under $500.
- How Much Money Is Enough?
- Many people who would love to travel long term don't get past the budget stage of planning, assuming there's no way they could afford it. Adam Seper is here to show you that you can afford it, and he breaks down costs of RTW travel along with giving tips to make it cheaper.
- Five of the World’s Most Expensive Countries
- Round the world travelers know that visiting cheaper destinations can help you travel longer on a smaller budget. But what if one of your dream destinations just happens to be a pricey one? Adam Seper explores five of the world's most expensive countries and explains how you can save money on your visit.
- 13 Budget Beach Destinations Around the World
- Beach destinations can be pricey. Some are expensive simply due to a higher cost of living or stronger currency, while the price of some is driven by popularity. If you're looking for a lower cost beach vacation, check out these beach destinations that offer a cheaper experience .
- 8 Ways to Beat Long-Term Travel Burnout on a Budget
- Burnout is inevitable during your RTW trip. Greg Banecker has eight tips for beating it when you can't fit five nights at a luxury beach spa resort into your budget.
- America on a Shoestring
- When planning a RTW trip, the United States often gets ignored because of the high cost of travel. Cambell Klose is here to give you tips for traveling around the US on a budget.
- Budget Travel by Bike: How You Can Do It for $14 Per Day
- Are you interested in getting off the beaten path, reducing your carbon footprint, and traveling the world for as little as $14 per day? Jennifer Miller gives you five great reasons to trade that heavy backpack for the freedom of two wheels.
- Paradise on a Budget: Eco Retreats that Won’t Break the Bank
- From a detox and yoga retreat in Thailand to Mexican eco-casitas and even a Hawaiian surf camp, here are 8 eco-conscious resorts where you won’t have to max out the credit card.