- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Budget Travel Travel Articles
Many of us started our indie travels by being budget travelers. When you’re in your teens, college, or embarking on your first long-term trip, traveling on a budget is often the only way to make it work. Learn the ins and outs of budget travel, along with tons of tips, advice, and destination recommendations, in the following pages.
- 8 Simple Steps for Making the Most of Europe’s Low Cost Airlines
- Have you booked a bargain flight with one of Europe’s low cost airlines only to be stung by one extra charge after another? Flying can be one of the cheapest ways to get around Europe, but only if you know how to make the most of the airlines’ rules and avoid the tricks that bump up the cost. Jo Fitzsimons shows you seven simple steps for making the most of Europe’s low cost airlines.
- How Much Money Is Enough?
- Many people who would love to travel long term don't get past the budget stage of planning, assuming there's no way they could afford it. Adam Seper is here to show you that you can afford it, and he breaks down costs of RTW travel along with giving tips to make it cheaper.
- Five of the World’s Most Expensive Countries
- Round the world travelers know that visiting cheaper destinations can help you travel longer on a smaller budget. But what if one of your dream destinations just happens to be a pricey one? Adam Seper explores five of the world's most expensive countries and explains how you can save money on your visit.
- 13 Budget Beach Destinations Around the World
- Beach destinations can be pricey. Some are expensive simply due to a higher cost of living or stronger currency, while the price of some is driven by popularity. If you're looking for a lower cost beach vacation, check out these beach destinations that offer a cheaper experience .
- 8 Ways to Beat Long-Term Travel Burnout on a Budget
- Burnout is inevitable during your RTW trip. Greg Banecker has eight tips for beating it when you can't fit five nights at a luxury beach spa resort into your budget.
- America on a Shoestring
- When planning a RTW trip, the United States often gets ignored because of the high cost of travel. Cambell Klose is here to give you tips for traveling around the US on a budget.
- Hitchhiking Tips for Central Asia
- Fancy some real Central Asian adventure to feel like an explorer on the Silk Road? In this case, please read on, as Marco Ferrarese - who has recently completed an overland hitch hiking trip from Singapore to Europe - has a set of tips ready to help you find a ride across the region. Learn how to tackle greedy Uzbek drivers, score lifts across the Tajik mountains, dodge the Turkmen foreign travelers' restrictions, and end up with multiple invitations to visit your hosts’ families for the ultimate Central Asian adventure.
- Budget Travel by Bike: How You Can Do It for $14 Per Day
- Are you interested in getting off the beaten path, reducing your carbon footprint, and traveling the world for as little as $14 per day? Jennifer Miller gives you five great reasons to trade that heavy backpack for the freedom of two wheels.
- 11 Budget European Destinations
- We talk a lot about budget destinations for a long-term or RTW trip, and Europe always seems to get a raw deal. But if you're planning an RTW trip, don't automatically leave Europe off the list. Here are 11 cities in 5 countries where it's still possible to travel inexpensively.
- Paradise on a Budget: Eco Retreats that Won’t Break the Bank
- From a detox and yoga retreat in Thailand to Mexican eco-casitas and even a Hawaiian surf camp, here are 8 eco-conscious resorts where you won’t have to max out the credit card.