- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Budget Travel Travel Articles
Many of us started our indie travels by being budget travelers. When you’re in your teens, college, or embarking on your first long-term trip, traveling on a budget is often the only way to make it work. Learn the ins and outs of budget travel, along with tons of tips, advice, and destination recommendations, in the following pages.
- Getting Around Eastern Europe – Tips to Save Money and Reduce the Hassle
- Eastern Europe is filled with newly-popular destinations, and you might not think getting from place to place would be complicated, but it usually is. Cristina Puscas is a native travel writer who offers expert advice on how to do it cheapest and best.
- 12 of the Best Free European Attractions
- Traveling through Europe can drain any budget quickly, but not everything costs a fortune. BootsnAll staff writer Cristina Puscas takes us on a tour of 12 top attractions that are free.
- The Budget Traveler’s Guide to Wine Tasting in Italy
- Plan a wine-tasting trip the Italian way. Mattie Bamman shares the practicalities.
- Caribbean Without the Cost: 5 Great Beach Spots in Latin America
- The Caribbean has all the trappings of an exotic travel destination, but if you want to avoid the crowds and costs, Jo Fitzsimons recommends you approach the Caribbean from another side - Central America.
- 10 Free Things to Do in London
- London can be eye-wateringly expensive, although it is still possible to visit on a budget. To help those without deep pockets Graham Padmore suggests 10 great free things to do in London:
- 12 Budget-Friendly Sustainable Travel Experiences
- Zoë Smith asks fellow travelers for ideas and advice on the best ecotourism experiences that won’t burn a whole in your pocket.
- 5 Budget-Friendly Things to Do on Rarotonga
- The Cook Island of Rarotonga is known as an expensive destination, but Larissa Coleman proves otherwise
- Million Dollar Views for Less: Four Ways to Visit Switzerland on a Budget
- When you think of Switzerland a few things might come to mind, including the high cost of visiting. Switzerland is certainly not a cheap destination, but don't cross it of your list just yet. Here are a few ways to check out the country's "million dollar views" on a smaller budget.
- Six Tips for Exploring Stockholm on a Budget
- Foreign tourists often skip Stockholm. one of Europe's great capitals, because it's perceived to be out of the way or too expensive. Matthew Stone reveals how it is possible to explore Stockholm on a budget.
- Exotic Destinations on a Budget: How to Experience the Trip of a Lifetime for Less
- Some of the world's most exciting travel opportunities also come with astronomical price tags, but Melanie Waldman shows you how to save a bundle on your own trip of a lifetime.