- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Budget Travel Travel Articles
Many of us started our indie travels by being budget travelers. When you’re in your teens, college, or embarking on your first long-term trip, traveling on a budget is often the only way to make it work. Learn the ins and outs of budget travel, along with tons of tips, advice, and destination recommendations, in the following pages.
- How to Travel Responsibly on a Budget
- For those travelers that are feeling the burden of their carbon footprint, Zoë Smith offers nine easy-to-follow tips to not only minimize the damage to the environment but limit the impact to your wallet too.
- 7 Affordable Places to Go on an African Safari
- African safaris can be rather expensive. Isabel Eva Bohrer shares 7 places you can see wildlife - without breaking the bank.
- Eight of the Cheapest Destinations for Wine Tasting
- Love to tour wineries but low on cash? John McCarroll and David Joshua Jennings suggest a few regions of the world where wine vacations are possible for those on a budget.
- One Day in Bangkok: Three Itineraries for Under $10
- If you’re traveling on a budget, Southeast Asia is a great place to do it in. Once you get here, it’s easy to keep costs very low, and have an amazing time on just a few bucks. Take your pick from these three itineraries for a great day in Bangkok, for less than $10 – and easily around $5.
- 10 Free Ways to Discover Your World
- Most of us now travel-savvy and financially stable individuals remember how it felt to be a student possessing limited monetary resources but an unquenchable wanderlust to discover all that the world has to offer. While plane tickets and hotel stays will always cost a bare minimum, sightseeing and activities don't have to cost a penny. Here are ten ways to see the world for free.
- 11 Ways to Save Big on a Trip to Japan
- Has anyone ever told you that Japan is too expensive for budgeting travelers? This is a myth that Denise Tench attempts to bust with her insider tips on how to keep it cheap.
- Seeing Sydney on a Budget
- Sydney is Australia's priciest city, but there's no reason you can't enjoy it on a budget. Lauren Fritsky shares her tips and tricks for eating, sightseeing and shopping for less while you're there.
- How to Enjoy Oktoberfest on a Beer Budget
- Well-versed in the arts of drinking beer and not having much money, Tim Gregg has compiled an essential guide to Oktoberfest for the financially-challenged beer lover.
- The Best New York City Summer Festivals Under $10
- Free summer entertainment is one of New York's best kept secrets. Sara Clarke fills you in on where to go, what to see, and how to have the most fun at this year's festivities.
- How to Make the Most of Your Summer Travel Budget
- The words "summer" and "travel deals" don't often seem to go together, but by planning in advance and thinking outside of the usual summer destinations, you can stretch your budget further and plan your perfect summer trip.