- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Bus Travel Travel Articles
Traveling overland is a great way to get to your next destination cheaply, and you can really learn a lot about the country you’re visiting by taking the bus. Buses come in all shapes, sizes, and comfort levels, from chicken buses in Central America to minibuses in SE Asia to the double-decker, posh buses in Argentina. Learn about them all here.
- How To Travel Long Distance by Bus
- Over the years Pamela has taken several long-haul bus trips. Sometimes she was prepared and other times she wanted to find the closest cliff and dive off. Here are her 8 tips for surviving long-distance bus travel.
- 12 Tips for Surviving Public Transportation in a Developing Country
- Traveling by bus or taxi in Uganda can be challenging and frustrating. Shara Johnson gives us a heads-up on what to expect and tips on how to prepare.
- Buses and Tacos: An Indie Travel Experience in Mexico
- There is more to Mexican culture than beach resorts and cruise stops. For a real cultural experience, Pamela MacNaughtan suggests travelling through Mexico by bus and eating as many tacos as you can.
- Overnight Bus Tips From an Expert
- Considering taking an overnight bus trip to save time and money while traveling? You'd better read these tips from Eileen Smith before you commit to it.
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Riding the Chicken Buses of Guatemala
- You really won’t “see” Guatemala until you see it through the window of a camioneta, or chicken bus, so follow this 10-step guide, and start seeing things.
- Photo Essay: Eight Unusual Transit Systems Around the World
- Public transportation is a manifestation of wanderlust in everyday life. It also guides our vision of the future. C. H. Kwak salutes forward-thinking transit systems that have helped us usher in tomorrow.
- The Baz Bus: How to Get Around South Africa
- Heading to the World Cup in South Africa and unsure of the best transport options? Discover the Baz Bus, a hop-on, hop-off mini van that drops you off on the doorstep of your desired hostel. Here's what you need to know, plus recommended stops between World Cup host cities.
- 7 Unique Modes of Transport In Asia
- If you've spent time traveling around Asia you know that transportation there often has its own local flair. Kelvin Lim points out 7 modes you won't likely find elsewhere.
- Bus Travel in Central America
- BootsnAll staff writer Julie Blakley brings you a complete guide to bus travel in Central America