- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Asia Travel Articles
Asia is a massive continent that is varied and offers tons of indie travel experiences. Choose from nearly 100 articles – hitchiking tips, travel guides to cities and countries, and food guides – just to name a few.
- Attending a Local Funeral: A Day in the Life of a Long-Term Traveler
- Travel with Jennifer Miller to Tana Toraja, in the south central highlands of the Indonesian island of Sulawesi where she encounters death, and life, and the passage of a grandfather to paradise on the back of a water buffalo.
- Travel History Lessons
- Hanoi is an assault on the senses, but not an unpleasant one at all. Very glad not to be often judged by the actions of her government or the governments of her country that have passed in the generations before my time. People are not refusing to feed her noodles because of President Johnson’s policies, and Jenn Miller is wading through the bustling crowd of contradictions that is Hanoi, Vietnam
- Five Truths About Long-Term Travel
- Many people fantasize about long-term travel. And no wonder - it can be a truly transformative experience. But it's not all glamour and excitement. Mariellen Ward shares Five Hard Truths About Long-Term Travel that can help prepare you for the inevitable reality check.
- China for the Independent Traveler
- China is an amazing country- but many traveler's find it intimidating. Here's your guide to backpacking in China- and why it's easier than you think.
- Traveling by Motorbike
- Ever wondered what it's like to travel through India on a motorcycle? Join David Joshua Jennings in Ladakh, India, for a day in the life of a long-term traveler.
- The Thailand of Your Dreams
- Waking in a rice paddy, the whine of a mosquito, the soft blow of water buffalo working, and the joy of getting so far off of the beaten path that you're lost and illiterate. This is Thailand
- 8 Dishes to Try in Bangkok
- Thai food is one of the most popular and trendy cuisines in the world. But how many people simply stop at Pad Thai? James Pham highlights some of the best street food Bangkok has to offer, proving that there is life after Pad Thai.
- Train Travel in Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia has become an easy destination for independent travelers: buses and planes literally crisscross each and every corner. Regardless, Marco Ferrarese has extensively traveled the region by train, and still thinks that Southeast Asia on rails may offer a more rewarding and intimate travel experience. Let him take you by the hand through the basics of extended rail journeying across Southeast Asia...
- Pho 101 – A Beginner’s Guide to Vietnam’s Most Famous Dish
- By whatever name you call it, pho has placed Vietnamese cuisine squarely on the culinary world map. James Pham visits a Saigonese pho restaurant to unravel the secrets behind this national dish, rich in flavor as well as history.
- 5 Best Spots to Volunteer in Asia
- Overwhelmed by all the volunteering possibilities in Asia? Let Hannah from Go Overseas, an expert at volunteering abroad, narrow down the options with these 5 incredible opportunities.