- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Hiking Travel Articles
Hiking. Trekking. Tramping. Whatever you call it, if you’re someone who loves to get out into the mountains and challenge yourself, then you’re at the right spot. Among other ideas, learn about walking across entire countries, plan a RTW trip around hiking, and find out how you can trek responsibly so your kids and grandkids can enjoy nature the same way we have.
- 10 of the Best Places to Hike in the United States
- After a long winter for many in the US, hiking and outdoors season is upon us. Check out Adam Seper's list of 10 great places to hike in the United States and get out there and go!
- Guide to Walking the Camino de Santiago
- One of the things that amazes me about the Camino is it’s universal appeal. Thousands of pilgrims walk it every year. Hundreds of thousands have been walking it for centuries. Catholics, protestants, athiests, agnostics, pagans, buddhists, jews, and every hybrid you can imagine line the path. The movie The Way, with Martin Sheen, inspired thousands more to pack a bag and take a long walk. Perhaps you are among them. If you’re considering walking the Camino de Santiago, here’s what you need to know:
- First-Time Backpacking: What I’ve Learned
- Jenn Miller discusses the difference between packing your backpack for the average RTW and packing for an unsupported backpacking trip. She touches on why, most of the time, it doesn't really matter what you pack and why cutting the weight in your pack is less important than taking care of the most important piece of gear you possess.
- What Countries are Best for Trekking?
- Vote in our weekly poll! With Spring right around the corner, we have our sights set on hiking. Which countries are your favorite around the world for hiking and trekking?
- The Best Place in the World to Trek
- Nepal is one of the most popular trekking destinations in the world and it’s not hard to see why. Fully one-third of the great snow-capped Himalaya is contained within Nepal's borders, and the opportunities to explore this vast are many. Here is a look at some of the most exciting trekking opportunities in Nepal, with information on how to prepare and what you’ll need to bring.
- 10 Countries to Traverse by Foot
- For those with little time to spare and many miles to march, here are ten countries where walking from border to border won’t take you an eternity.
- 10 Awesome Treks an Average Person Can Do
- Trekking may be thought of as an activity only meant for mountain folks, but Adam Seper is here to give you the lowdown on 10 treks around the world that (almost) anyone can do.
- 6 Epic Trekking Destinations Around the World
- Part of what we love about indie travel is doing the abnormal – getting outside the box of the typical one or two week vacation. In today’s article, we break down a trip for the adventurous – the active traveleler, the hiker. Trek Around the World highlights a trip with a hiking theme, so if […]
- The Fat Person’s Guide to Hiking
- Do you enjoy hiking and the outdoors? Do you also love eating and drinking? Are you afraid that because of your eating and drinking habits that you can't accomplish your hiking goals? Adam Seper is here to tell you that you can have the best of both worlds with this guide.
- Rock Climbing and Trekking in Andringitra, Madagascar
- Travel to Andringitra national park in Southern Madagascar means incredible landscapes, the lure of adventure sports, and a homegrown tourism industry that assures Indie travelers will be giving back and making a difference in the lives of those they meet along the way.