- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Train Travel Travel Articles
Traveling by train, from the bullet trains of Japan to the Eurail around Europe to the Trans-Siberian across Russia and China, has a certain romantic quality to it. Check out the following articles to learn more about traveling on the rails.
- The First Timer’s Guide to Train Travel in Europe
- Embarking on a rail adventure around Europe is a popular fantasy, but turning it into a reality can be daunting. Lani Thorpe offers easy tips to make train travel the hassle-free experience it should be.
- Train Travel in Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia has become an easy destination for independent travelers: buses and planes literally crisscross each and every corner. Regardless, Marco Ferrarese has extensively traveled the region by train, and still thinks that Southeast Asia on rails may offer a more rewarding and intimate travel experience. Let him take you by the hand through the basics of extended rail journeying across Southeast Asia...
- The How To Guide to Traveling China By Train
- China's railway system has expanded to the third largest in the world, and it can get you almost anywhere cheap and easily. Here are seven simple steps Mitchell Blatt outlines to help you plan a trip in China by rail.
- Five Tips for Traveling India by Train
- Train travel in India can be an overwhelming task in a sometimes overwhelming country. Samantha Love offers tips to help you enjoy the ride.
- Off the Beaten Rail Path – Six Alternative Destinations in Central Europe
- Getting a little bored and frustrated by the famous cities of Europe may be inconceivable at the start of an interrail adventure, but it can happen. John Guzdek gives you six attractive alternative destinations to shake up the Central European leg of your journey.
- The Journey Is the Reward: 7 Ways to Enjoy Long Train Rides
- So you've booked your tickets and you're ready to set off on a long distance train journey, Tristan Cano explains how to make the most of your time onboard
- Traveler Postcard – Katie on the Trans-Siberian Railway
- In BootsnAll's new series, Traveler Postcards, we profile a real trip - highlighting the best of a destination as seen by a particular person on a particular trip. This week Katie Aune shares stories from her adventure on the Trans-Siberian in Russia.
- 7 Best American Train Trips Less Than $100
- Want to ride on a historic or unique train through great scenery without breaking the bank or spending a whole week doing it? Here's are 7 great choices for affordable and memorable train rides in the USA.
- 12 of the Most Scenic Train Rides in the World
- From trundling through canyons to an opulent safari-on-wheels or winding down snow-drenched mountains, these are 12 of the world’s most scenic train journeys to fuel your wanderlust.
- 11 of the World’s Coolest Train Stations
- From futuristic architecture and elaborate decor to wild and remote locations, these 11 train stations are destinations in themselves.