- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Central America Travel Articles
Central America, while small in size compared to other regions, is chock full of great sites, jaw dropping landscapes, friendly people, great food, and low prices. Check out the following pages of articles to assist you in planning your Central American getaway.
- A Guide to Visiting Maya Ruins in Central America (Get There While You Still Can!)
- With all of the hype around the Maya Calendar predicting the end of the world on December 21, 2012, the Ruta Maya has never been so popular. Believer or not in the doomsday predictions, Jo Fitzsimons plots a route through 10 of the most impressive sites from Mexico down to El Salvador.
- 15 Must Try Street Foods in Latin America
- There are dozens of delicious street foods in Latin America that will ramp your stomach not cramp your stomach. Here is a sumptuous selection.
- Trading Places in Nicaragua
- In Nicaragua, the living is easy and inexpensive and adventures await. Try some of these suggestions from Shelley Seale to help you experience the local way of life in full.
- Caribbean Without the Cost: 5 Great Beach Spots in Latin America
- The Caribbean has all the trappings of an exotic travel destination, but if you want to avoid the crowds and costs, Jo Fitzsimons recommends you approach the Caribbean from another side - Central America.
- Surfing Costa Rica’s Southern Nicoya Peninsula
- Costa Rica´s southern Nicoya Peninsula is home to some of the world’s best surf. On a recent trip, Beverly Gallagher discovered that this is one major surf destination where pros and beginners mingle.
- A Journey to Peace in Playa Negra, Costa Rica
- Emily Starbuck Crone, a stressed out writer from Austin, leaves her busy life behind to explore yoga, meditation, and pura vida in the jungles of rural Costa Rica.
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Riding the Chicken Buses of Guatemala
- You really won’t “see” Guatemala until you see it through the window of a camioneta, or chicken bus, so follow this 10-step guide, and start seeing things.
- 7 Wet and Wild Ways to Experience Costa Rica
- Costa Rica has quickly risen to become one of the top travel destinations in the world, with much of its draw due to the country's water sports that can be enjoyed almost any time of year. Spencer Spellman tells us where, when and how you can experience them.
- Panama: 5 Reasons to Go Coast to Coast
- A cosmopolitan capital and legendary canal might be Panama's only well-known draws, but that's all the better for those who want to explore its unspoiled natural wonders and vibrant communities.
- Traditional Markets in Latin America: A Guide for First Time Shoppers
- Shopping at traditional markets is an essential experience when traveling in Latin America. Rich Feffer gives novices some tips and hints for market shopping.