Classes Travel Articles
Want to learn a language while abroad? How about learning to cook the local cuisine? Sports? Yoga? Meditation? All that and more are possible as you travel around the world. Take a class and bring part of your trip back home with you!
- How and Why to Learn a Foreign Language
- There is no doubt that we travelers have a deeper experience of the place we are traveling when we are fluent in the local language. Without this fluency, much of what we experience in a foreign land is mysterious or misinterpreted. Thus, unless we learn the local language, we will continue comprehending only a small margin of what we could be, and our interpretations are bound to be distorted.
- Connect With Locals and Enhance Your Experience Abroad
- Enhance your experience abroad by connecting with locals. Isabel Eva Bohrer gives tips on how best to do it.
- Spiritual Retreats on an Around the World Trip
- Traveling long-term comes with challenges, which is why you may want to think about a retreat during your round the world trip. Isabel Eva Bohrer tells you how to rejuvenate through various retreats.
- Budget Language Study: 5 Alternative Locations Around the World
- Full immersion language study can be a costly endeavor, or so you think. Brooke Schoenman explains how taking a more adventurous course can help get you ahead in your language acquisition, and save you money in the process.
- The Best Travel Souvenir: Cooking Classes Abroad
- A worldly traveler takes advantage of every bite to soak up all that a culture has to offer. Bethany Smith recommends cooking classes abroad as the best souvenir you can buy for yourself.
- Learning to Surf on the Road: 5 Good Spots and 5 Helpful Tips
- Don't live near a good beginner surf beach and interested in learning somewhere? Steve Bramucci has surfed 6 continents and gives us the scoop on where to learn and what to keep in mind.
- Learn Spanish While Traveling in Central America
- Knowing Spanish will make visiting Central America far more enjoyable. Fortunately, you can learn quickly and cheaply when you arrive, and Rebecca Byrch is here to explain how it works.