- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Coming Home Travel Articles
A big part of planning a RTW trip is planning to come home. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row and have thought of all the contingencies before you set off on your trip. The following articles will keep you organized and make re-entry much less stressful, and you can also check out the dedicated Coming Home page in the RTW Travel Section.
- Returning Home
- What do canned peas have to do with travel? Jon Wick explains how a dinner conversation about peas reminded him about one of the most important lessons of traveling.
- 15 Things You Won’t Miss About Long-Term Travel
- Returning home after long-term travel can be leave you longing for your days on the road. Before you hit ‘buy’ on another flight, Jo Fitzsimons can help you console yourself with a reminder of the things you won’t miss about travel. Wannabe travelers fear not, there are also tips for handling these downsides while you’re away.
- How to Deal With the Post-Trip Blues
- The first time I returned home after a big trip, I spent my first month back in the states weeping, reconsidering my life here and wondering how I fit into this whole job/commute/9-5 thing. Really, I think anyone who has ever taken a break from what we westerners consider 'Real Life' has had a painful reality check when they arrive home.
- Keep the Feeling of Travel Alive Even When You’re Stuck at Home
- Everyone talks about the adventure, but what happens after the adventure is over and the unpredictable turns into routine? How do you keep the feeling of travel alive through work, stress, and schedules? Discover 6 ways to keep the feeling of travel going, even when your budget leaves you stuck at home.
- Coming Home from a RTW Trip: Adjusting Your Expectations
- Greg Banecker learns a few lessons on the road about readjusting his expectations when he finally returns home from his RTW trip.
- 10 Tips for Beating the Post-Travel Blues
- BootsnAll staff writer Julie Blakley brings you her tips on how to conquer those post-travel blues