- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Drink Travel Articles
Many travelers love to drink, whether it’s a cold beer at the end of a day of sightseeing or a lassi to cool down on the streets of India. Drinks are as big a part of a culture as the museums and buildings and can teach us a lot about the history and culture of that particular destination.
- The Budget Traveler’s Guide to Wine Tasting in Italy
- Plan a wine-tasting trip the Italian way. Mattie Bamman shares the practicalities.
- Wine Tasting in South America: Where to Go and What to Try
- Most people know Argentina and Chile as South American wine destinations, but there are so many more great spots to plan a wine vacation in the region. Eileen Smith explains where to look and what to taste throughout the continent.
- 20 Unique Drinks to Sample on Your Next Trip
- There's an astounding variety of drinks found around the world; some are familiar and delicious, while others come in combinations of liquors and ingredients that simply don't seem like they belong and which illustrate how much taste can vary from place to place. But there's always one thing that can bring the uniqueness of people together, and that's a unique alcoholic drink.
- Never Fill Your Own Glass: 20 Foreign Drinking Rules and Customs You Need to Know
- Being prepared to drink in a foreign land requires more than knowing how to order a beer in the local language. Let David Joshua Jennings help maneuver you through 20 drinking traditions and customs around the world.
- The World’s Quirkiest Secret Bars… And Where to Find Them
- Cool and clandestine, these secret bars make you work for that hard-earned cocktail. See our pick of the five most quirkily-hidden bars in top nightlife cities around the world…
- Ten Places You Can Drink Like Your Favorite Writer
- Ever wanted to drink like Hemingway? Stephanie Yoder lists some of the most literary bars in the world, and gives cocktail recommendations so you can drink like your favorite author.
- Our Favorite Drinks From Around the World
- From beers in the Czech Republic to the wines of France, vodka in Poland and tequila in Mexico, it seems every destination has a signature drink and sampling the local tipple can help you understand just a bit more of the history, culture, and daily life of a place. To learn more about traditional drinks around the world, we asked each of our WhyGo writers to tell us about their favorite beverages in their destinations.
- 20 Luxurious Wineries and Wine Hotels Where You Can Stay the Night
- Isabel Eva Bohrer explores 20 luxurious wineries and wine hotels that have opened their doors for you to experience their creations to the fullest.
- Pedaling for Pints: Three Great Places for Mixing Bikes and Beer
- Some cities are fantastically bike-friendly. Some are obsessed with good beer. Cynthia Ord has found a few with a combination of both, where sophisticated microbrews are just a leisurely pedal away.
- Wine and Winding Roads on Tasmania’s Wild East Coast
- Often overshadowed by the mainland Australian states, Brad Christmas discovers Tasmania is home to some of most spectacular coastline as well as some of the best food and wine downunder.