- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Drink Travel Articles
Many travelers love to drink, whether it’s a cold beer at the end of a day of sightseeing or a lassi to cool down on the streets of India. Drinks are as big a part of a culture as the museums and buildings and can teach us a lot about the history and culture of that particular destination.
- Germany By the Glass: Three Drinking Destinations Not to Miss
- Ask someone on the street which alcoholic drink they associate with Germany and nine out of ten times you will get one answer: beer. However, Germany has more to offer than this. Nadine Horn offers three suggestions for where to go and what to drink in Germany.
- Drink Your Way Around Portugal
- Portugal seems to get lost in the shuffle, a side trip on the Iberian Peninsula, a long strip of land between Spain and the sea. But that's about to change. Not only is Portugal one of the most affordable wine-tasting destinations in Western Europe, but in addition to producing an incredibly diverse array of quality wines, the country also offers enough other specialty drinks to keep your liver working overtime for weeks.
- Seven Great Beer and Wine Festivals Around the World
- With celebrations around the world that appreciate all that vintners and brewers have to offer, it’s tough to decide which festivals to get on your calendar. From February to October, here are a few top picks of beer and wine events across the globe.
- Seven Reasons to Attend the Beaver Creek Wine and Spirits Festival
- The annual Beaver Creek Wine and Spirits festival attracts hundreds of drink connoisseurs who come from around the country to sip and sample some of the nation's best wine and spirits, paired with culinary delights from the some of the country's best chefs, all set against the beautiful backdrop of Colorado's Gore Mountain Range. Here are seven reasons why you should consider attending as well.
- Eight of the Best German-Style Beer Halls Outside of Germany
- Hardly a rarity in their country of origin, Bavarian beer halls do exist in other parts of the world, too. Ben Keene tracks down eight of them outside Germany.
- Eight of the Cheapest Destinations for Wine Tasting
- Love to tour wineries but low on cash? John McCarroll and David Joshua Jennings suggest a few regions of the world where wine vacations are possible for those on a budget.
- Place in a Pint Glass: Traveling Around the World Through Beer
- Matthew Stone discusses how just one beer can have the power to transport you back in time to your most cherished travel memories.
- How to Enjoy Oktoberfest on a Beer Budget
- Well-versed in the arts of drinking beer and not having much money, Tim Gregg has compiled an essential guide to Oktoberfest for the financially-challenged beer lover.
- Hashing, Extreme Croquet, and More: The Best Boozy Sports Around the World
- Getting drunk and getting fit - the two aren't mutually exclusive anymore. Candice Walsh rounds up a list of sports where imbibing is part of the fun.
- 7 Oktoberfest Celebrations Around the World
- Can't make it to Munich for Oktoberfest? Katja Grathwohl tells you where else in the world you can find these celebrations of German music, food, culture, and beer.