- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Round the World Wednesday Travel Articles
Every week, on “Round the World Wednesday” we share tips for planning, budgeting and selecting a route, plus advice on where to go and what to see and do all around the world.
- Travel Central America: Honduras to Panama
- Central America is such a small slither of land that many indie travelers forget to put it on their travel plan, which is a shame as it has some of the best sights in Latin America. In two parts, Jo Fitzsimons explains how to plan an extended trip in Central America with part 2 covering Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama.
- 10 Unfortunate Byproducts of Long-Term Travel
- There are people who make the assumption that long-term travel is like being on vacation forever: waking up late, other people doing your laundry, drinks delivered poolside, cheap massages and a general disregard for the temporal realities. Nothing could be further from the truth. Jenn Miller points out ten unfortunate side effects of long-term travel that are impossible to avoid.
- Deciding Where to Go
- Now that you've made the decision to go on a RTW trip, what's next? The planning seems overwhelming at times, so that's why Adam Seper is here to give you tips on how to choose your destinations and route.
- 5 Ways to Build Community While Traveling
- As the holidays approach many travelers miss home and feel the absence of loved ones deeply. Jenn Miller discusses five ways to build community as you travel and create family for yourself and others while on the road.
- The Freedom of Travel vs. The Paralysis of Stuff
- On the heels of Black Friday, Jenn Miller discusses why she'd rather have options than possessions and questions the sanity of following the American Dream just because that's the way it's always been done. Are you itching for something different? Read on.
- How to Cope with Spending the Holidays Away From Home
- With the holidays upon us, there are countless travelers on the road who won't be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year's Eve with their loved ones back home, and that can be tough, even for the most hard core traveler. Adam Seper is here to help you cope with being away from home during the holiday season.
- 5 Things I’m Thankful for Because of Travel
- With Thanksgiving right around the corner, Jenn Miller reflects on travel and what it's taught her about gratefulness as a form of meditation, as well as a few of the things she's most thankful for.
- Getting Kids On Board With Your Big Trip
- What happens when your big idea, your plan for a grand adventure, is met with a, “Meh,” attitude by your children. Or worse, what do you do when they absolutely declare that they won’t go, that you’re ruining their lives and that they’d rather live with Grandma instead? Jenn Miller unpacks her toolkit for helping kids, from littles to teens, get on board and contribute to the family dream!
- Round the World in Retirement
- It’s been said that “life begins at retirement.” It certainly can! Anne Supsic explains why retirement is the ideal moment in time to wave goodbye to your old life and see the world.
- Travel Success Story
- Fred Perrotta struck me, immediately, as super bright, extremely motivated, creative thinker and problem solver. And that was before I knew that he’d quit Google to graciously solve my biggest problem: packing.