- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Work Abroad Travel Articles
Learn all you need to know about expat life and working abroad. The following articles will help you plan that expat adventure or assist you in earning money overseas. There is a lot that goes into planning a work abroad experience – whether it’s simply moving abroad for your company, finding odd jobs around hostels, or becoming location independent and really transforming your life. No matter what the situation, we have you covered!
- The Realities of a Location Independent Life
- Are you considering making the leap to a Location Independent career? Lusting over those "at the beach with laptop" photos circulating annoyingly on Facebook? Jenn Miller and her husband are well into their sixth year of full time travel, working as they go. She's sharing some of the realities of what it means to work on the road.
- 5 Tips for a Smooth Transition to Expat Life
- Whether you're taking an extended vacation, or beginning your adventure living as an ex-pat abroad, Liz Heck has some tips to make your new address feel like home.
- Teach English in Asia in Five Simple Steps
- You don't have to quit your job, purchase an expensive plane ticket, and fly halfway around the world on a whim that you'll find a job when you get there. If you want a meaningful career without the risk, follow Jessica Hill's five simple steps to landing a job as a Foreign English Teacher in Asia, before you even leave home.
- 8 Tips for First Time WWOOFer’s
- You've probably seen the word WWOOF before. But what does it mean? How do you do it? Scott Harbeck is here to give you all the tips and advice you need for your first WWOOFing experience.
- 9 Tips for Becoming an Expat
- If RTW travel doesn't do it for you, or if you simply can't afford to travel for an extended length of time without working, consider the expat lifestyle. Ashley Wali lays out what to consider and how to find a job - legally - and without teaching English.
- 10 Important Life Lessons You Learn From Living Abroad
- Pulling up stakes and moving across borders can be exciting, embarrassing and unexpectedly educational. Whitney Cox writes about ten lessons learned from life in a new country.
- The Aimless Twenty-Something Life: A Postgrad’s Tale of Travel & Taking Control
- Forget a career break -- what if your career hasn't even started? Michael Fraiman writes about the primal decision facing every aimless twentysomething graduate: jump-start your career or run away?
- Planning to Live Abroad
- Planning to live abroad is almost as harrowing as living abroad can be. What should you pack? What will you even miss? Find out with the following tips from Cathy Dean (and other experienced travelers) designed to boost your planning confidence and deliver valuable insight.
- Voluntary Vacation: Hostel Hopping in Guatemala
- Many of us dream of taking a year off to travel in exotic locales and live the life of a vagabond, and Jonathon Engels gives tips on how to do just that by volunteering at hostels all around Guatemala.
- Work Overseas: Teaching English Abroad
- Is it true that if you are a native speaker and have a pulse you can get a job teaching English overseas? Get the inside scoop from an ESL teacher who has done it legally, quasi-legally, and under-the-table