- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Eco Travel Travel Articles
Part of the reason we travel is because we love this Earth we live on, but as the population soars and the way we live impacts that Earth, it’s vital to be cognizant of traveling responsibly. BootsnAll partners with several tour companies who focus on eco-friendly travel, and the following 40+ articles offer tips and advice for traveling with sustainability in mind.
- 10 of the World’s Best City Walks
- From ambling the length of the Thames to clambering to the heights of Table Mountain, or trekking from coast to coast in an afternoon, these 10 cities offer incredible walking routes that marry urban backdrops with stunning natural scenery.
- 6 Of the World’s Craziest and Most Challenging Bike Rides
- These 6 cycle trails will have you plummeting down cliff edges, flying over potholes and skidding around hairpin bends, all in the name of an adrenaline kick.
- 8 of the Best Places to Camp Around the World
- There’s no better way to get back to nature than to pitch your tent, spark up the campfire (with or without marshmallows) and doze off under the stars, and these 8 locations offer some of the best settings for sleeping under the stars.
- 7 Sustainable Ways to Dive Into Thai Culture
- With its palm tree-lined islands, pristine beaches and untamed jungle, Thailand makes a prime location for nature lovers and a growing trend of eco-friendly tour operators are shifting the focus back to the environment - here are 7 sustainable ways to dive into Thai culture.
- Eco Friendly Travel: 6 Easy Ways to Directly Benefit Your Destination
- For travelers concerned about supporting sustainable tourism and creating a positive relationship between locals and tourists, here are 6 easy ways to directly benefit your destination while on the road.
- Inspirational Eco-Friendly Pioneers
- These 7 pioneering travelers rode across countries on horseback, sailed the seven seas, cycled the globe or clocked up some impressive distances on foot, becoming an inspiration not only for those of us who dream about expanding our travel horizons but for everyone who frets that the only way to bear the weight of their carbon footprints is to stay home.
- 10 Fuel-free Adventure Activities
- Whether they get your adrenaline levels soaring or simply offer a unique way to explore the sights, these 10 adventure activities offer mind-boggling heights and break-neck speeds without a drop of fuel in sight.
- 6 Ways to Stop the Excuses & Make Eco-friendly Travel Easy
- Here are 6 of the mostly commonly used excuses for an escalating carbon footprint, and some hassle free ways to stop feeling guilty and make eco-friendly travel easy.
- 8 of the Best ‘Live Like a Local’ Experiences
- From studying Islam in Turkey to helping out in the rice paddies in rural Indonesia or bedding down in a yak-hair tent with Tibetan nomads, here are 8 of the world’s best "live like a local" experiences.
- 10 Best Horse Treks Around the World
- Whether you’re scaling the heights of the Inca Trail, blazing a trail along virgin desert plains, galloping along white sand beaches or riding alongside game on a horseback safari, horse trekking offers an exhilarating and environmentally sustainable way to explore some of the world’s most incredible landscapes.