- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Learning Travel Articles
What better way to learn than to travel? Indie travel is all about learning – learning about other people, other cultures, and other ways of doing things. It opens our eyes and gives us a perspective that reading a book simply can’t offer.
- Why Graduating Seniors Shouldn’t Follow the Crowd
- Americans have been pounded over the head from the get-go with the same life plan: Finish high school, go to college, graduate, get a job, retire, live the good life. Jenn Miller is here to discuss altering this pre-made plan that may not work for everyone.
- The White House Travel Bloggers Summit
- Jenn Miller responds to the White House's study abroad initiative. She discusses why it's a good start, but not enough, and she introduces the Travel Access Project. TAP combines education and travel in a way that is truly unique for each student and accessible for everyone.
- Making the World Your Global Classroom
- Follow in the footsteps of ancient warriors. Peer out from the ramparts of their fortresses. Marvel at the sophistication of these by-gone civilizations. Stand in awe at their accomplishments in medicine and mathematics, art and engineering. Learning through first-hand experiences will offer you maximum retention…long after your final test grades…long after the writing on your class notes has faded.
- Long Term Travel As Education
- Have you ever wondered what long term traveling families "do about keeping up with school" for their kids? Perhaps you're asking the wrong question. Jenn Miller, world schooling mother of four, teacher by trade, discusses world schooling as a viable educational alternative.
- 5 Things the Camino Taught Me
- Walking the Camino de Santiago gives pilgrims the chance for reflection. Jennifer Miller shares the 5 things the Camino taught her during her journey.
- Honoring the Lessons Travel Teaches
- The things we learn about who we are, who we were, who we are becoming, and how that fits with who we thought we were when we started our journey are some of the most profound realizations a traveler comes to on the road. The difficult part, of course, is what happens when we come home
- Appreciating Home By Traveling
- Sick of that boring life at home? Can't wait to get away and see the world? Don't take that routine for granted just yet. Rich Feffer gives you 8 things you might rediscover about home the next time you travel.
- Graduation: Give the Gift of Travel
- Jenn Miller makes a case for travel as the continuation of education and issues a challenge to all the old people and the travelers in the world: give the gift of travel and change a young life!
- Higher Education For Free?
- Jenn Miller has a degree in institutional education and fifteen years of experience in outside the box experience in the alternative education world. She believes travel is a fantastic teacher, that a university degree should be pursued, and that these two dreams are not mutually exclusive. She'll show you how to get high quality education for free and combine your gap year (or two!) with your long range plans for your intellectual education!
- 30 Days of Indie Travel Art Project
- Do you have a passion for long-term travel? Do you love to create - whether it's writing, photography, videography, or art of any kind? Then our 30-day blogging challenge is for you!